Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Pci-e video card with hdmi for an hp desktop

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 2:31:15 AM

I have an HP Pavilion a6238x. I want to be able to connect to my Samsung 50" HD tv to watch movies through my computer from sites like hulu.com. I would like both video and audio through one HDMI cord. Please tell me what I can purchase to fit my needs. I don't do any gaming. Just an old man who wants inexpensive entertainment. Thank you, Bill

More about : pci video card hdmi desktop

a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 5:39:21 AM

An HD 5450 would be more than enough for streaming 1080p videos. It comes with a HDMI port which can carry sound too.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 9:59:25 AM

Just remember to connect the sound cords to the graphics card or the HDMI port won't work properly.
m
0
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 11:42:07 AM

Lmeow said:
An HD 5450 would be more than enough for streaming 1080p videos. It comes with a HDMI port which can carry sound too.

Thank you very much for your advise. I'm going shopping today and buying on payday! Have a great day. Bill
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 11:48:02 AM

decode said:
Just remember to connect the sound cords to the graphics card or the HDMI port won't work properly.

Thanks for the tip. I know almost nothing about computers so I need an explanation please. Does "connect the sound cords" mean to physically remove, unplug, them from the connection on the installed sound card and plug them into the new video card? Thank you in advance. Bill
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 12:14:10 PM

When you get a graphics card that has HDMI it will include two small cabled(together) read what they say on the side and connect them to the appropriate pins on your motherboard(also labeled) usually it'll be something like SPDIF or AC '97 etc...

EDIT: can't really figure a simpler way of saying this, there will be something in the graphic's cards manual about this I expect though....
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 1:52:43 PM

decode said:
When you get a graphics card that has HDMI it will include two small cabled(together) read what they say on the side and connect them to the appropriate pins on your motherboard(also labeled) usually it'll be something like SPDIF or AC '97 etc...

EDIT: can't really figure a simpler way of saying this, there will be something in the graphic's cards manual about this I expect though....

Simplicity is sublime! Thank you for your patience and knowledge. Bill
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 8:28:42 PM

^ I think that cord attachment only applies to certain nVidia cards. Not sure though.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2010 1:01:14 AM

Yeah, I know my Galaxy GeForce 9800GT LPE had it, however I chucked it away as I didn't know what it was at the time, Plus I use DVI anyways
m
0
l
!