Sign in with
Your question

HIS ATI HD 3650 Audio not working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 30, 2010 2:49:07 AM

Hello,

I've looked everywhere and wasn't able to find an answer. I recently bought a HIS ATI HD 3650 AGP for my new HTPC. The only problem is that the audio doesn't work. I've installed the drivers from the HIS website, disabled my onboard sound card and still no audio. It's hooked up to my LG 37' flat screen. I really don't know what else to do. Drivers are update and got them directly from HIS yet my computer still gives me the yellow questions mark of death in device manager.

Any help would be great.

More about : ati 3650 audio working

August 30, 2010 11:26:41 AM

What adapter(s) are you using to connect the desktop to your TV?
August 30, 2010 6:09:40 PM

DVI to HDMI adapter.
Related resources
August 30, 2010 10:13:37 PM

A DVI to HDMI adapter does not carry audio over. You will need to find another way to link your desktop's audio to your TV. You can use the onboard audio 3.5mm output using a 3.5mm audio cable to connect the TV and desktop. The only way to transfer audio over through the video card is to use an HDMI cable with no converter adapters, afaik.
April 1, 2012 4:30:20 AM

I know this is old but I want to make sure that everyone knows you can get sound through a DVI port with a HDMI adapter but the video card must support it. My issue was a known driver issue that HIS refuses to fix.
!