To change or not to change... that is the question...

So right now I am trying to figure out what I should do with my PC. I actually would like to change it, but after some bench reading I am forced to admit that the gain in performance would be to low.

Right now I am thinking about selling my 2 graphic cards and my power supply and waiting to get my hand on two 6770 to crossfire together with a good power supply.

Specs...
PII X3 720--> to a PII X4 20 (4th core unlocked and fully stable and OC to a PII 955)
OCZ Vendetta 2 CPU Cooler
700W OCZ ModXstream power supply
2X2GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 OC
Coolermaster Cosmos S gaming edition
2X Asus EAH4850 TOP OC in crossfire
Asus M4A89T-E motherboard
320GB Seagate Barracuda hard drive
OCZ VERTEX 120GB SSD (solid state drive)
Sony Blur-ray player drive
LG dvd burner

Or should I got for another build with the following components and sell my old build? I don't know what to do... >:/

Specs
Core i5 760
Cooler Master Hyper 212+
OCZ platinum DDR3 1600
MSI P55-G55
2X MSI Hawk GTX460
OCZ Vertex 2 120 GB
2TB Caviar Green Western Digital
Corsair AX850 PS
SIlverstone Raven 2
Samsung DVD Burner
HT Omega Striker 7.1

Solution
I say neither... Wait a few months more for the Intel's Sandy Bridge or AMD's Bulldozer CPU's to be releases to build a new system. They will be better overall systems and the newer ATI 6000's will be out & Nvidia's response by that time.

It just isn't the best time to build a new PC, specially when you have a very capable setup now. :)

tecmo34

Administrator
I say neither... Wait a few months more for the Intel's Sandy Bridge or AMD's Bulldozer CPU's to be releases to build a new system. They will be better overall systems and the newer ATI 6000's will be out & Nvidia's response by that time.

It just isn't the best time to build a new PC, specially when you have a very capable setup now. :)

Solution