Not open for further replies.

defsam

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
DRM technology?
i have a feeling that sounds ominous.

can someone explain to me why this new cpu is getting some bad reviews? :eek:

Solution
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9203799/Intel_Sandy_Bridge_s_Insider_is_not_DRM?taxonomyId=76

"But Insider is not intended to be digital rights management technology, and it is not intended to limit the availability of content to users, said Josh Newman, graphics marketing director at Intel.

Studios want to protect their premium content, and they are wary of streaming it to PCs, which are viewed as insecure devices, Newman said. Insider technology establishes a secure connection to prevent movies from being copied from over the network or inside the PC."

[:henry chinaski:8]

Pirated media doesn't care what your CPU is.

Here is what BadTrip was trying to show you.

It is not getting bad reviews. In fact, not may reviews have been allocated online.

What peole don't like is the new security feature Intel put on the new SB processors. I cannot tell you what it is about, I have not looked into it. Try to google it:

http://www.google.com/

defsam

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
it says here http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1934536/intels-sandy-bridge-sucks-hollywood-drm
their gonna lock down the computers with sandy bridge so that premium movies can fight piracy better?
from the link:
Mooly Eden, Intel's VP and general manager of the PC client group said that "Intel's embedded DRM allows content to be streamed to computers with Sandy Bridge chips and that Chipzilla is making deals with all the studios and content distributors to make it available."

jpmucha

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008

Pirates aren't smarter than engineers... they just "arrrrrr" pirate engineers!

Weell, that makes 2 of us...because I wont be buying SB ANYTIME here. Let us see what AMD has to say. If there is not DRM enginerring on the system, well, many might fly over to the Bulldozer side of things.

BadTrip

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

People complaign about it because it makes them pay for stuff they would normally steal. Except Sony BMG's XCP C3-3. It turned out to act like a ROOTKIT!!!

BadTrip

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

Your reading comprehension needs work. I have already ordered my SB. I do not care about the DRM. I even have hope that I can get more content delivered to my home because of it.

I still need to work on typing. Typing and trying to speel out a whole though is still in the works. I can learn other things pretty quick, but typing...ummm...

I did not say I hate anything about the DRM feature, I just said that I won't be using SB this time. Sorry Intel. I am happy where I am at.

To bring up stock? Well, that's a move!

As for the 1080p Streaming, we have had the exisitng technology ever since. No one has ever really utilized it. Heck, I bet we can stream 2160p here in the next 18 months!

BTW, 2160 is just a dual platform of HD devices.

BadTrip

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Utilizing it is what this is about. What current content is 2160p? I am done in this thread. I have provided real information. Think what you want.

Good Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.