Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Question on my new system... PLEASE HELP!

Last response: in Systems
October 16, 2010 4:32:41 AM

Today I got a chance to put my new computer together from the help of my sister boyfriend and my cousin. But when we got toward the end we ended up with a couple of wires thats not connected. I got the Power SW(switch?), Restart SW(switch?), H.D.D LED, and a Green and a White wire, both single pin's and which of the color would be the positive(Green or White)?

My question about these wires are, are they suppose to be connected to the "F_PANEL" (Front Panel Header)?

Im sorry for my question but I am not that good with computer, i just hope you guys think the same, that any question isn't a stupid question.

Also looking at my MotherBoard ( GIGABYTE - GA-P55A-UD4P ) I have some stuff without it being plugged, they are as listed:

-CD_IN
-SPDIF_I
-SPDIF_O
-COMA
-LPT
-FDD
-F_PANNEL (SEE QUESTION ABOVE)
-SYS_FAN1/2
-PCH_FAN
-PWR_FAN
-CLR_CMOS
-SATA2_0/1/2/3/4/5 ( CD Drive? )
-GSATA3_6/7 ( CD drive? )

Once again, Im not to smart with computers but I am here like anyone else. To get some help and gain knowledge in the process and hopefully pass on some too.

My case is the CM STORM - SNIPER BLACK EDITION

thank you,
Toe

p.s. - I am just looking at my computer right now, waiting for some help!! :) 

More about : question system

October 16, 2010 5:23:45 AM

common sense just told me about SATAs and GATA3..
October 16, 2010 5:25:00 AM

looking at my wires that belongs in the F_PANEL, which is "+" and whats "-" ? there is WHITE on all, and then off colors like, red, orange, green and blue.
Related resources

Best solution

October 16, 2010 6:53:44 PM

mrtoesterman said:
Today I got a chance to put my new computer together from the help of my sister boyfriend and my cousin. But when we got toward the end we ended up with a couple of wires thats not connected. I got the Power SW(switch?), Restart SW(switch?), H.D.D LED, and a Green and a White wire, both single pin's and which of the color would be the positive(Green or White)?

My question about these wires are, are they suppose to be connected to the "F_PANEL" (Front Panel Header)?

Im sorry for my question but I am not that good with computer, i just hope you guys think the same, that any question isn't a stupid question.

Also looking at my MotherBoard ( GIGABYTE - GA-P55A-UD4P ) I have some stuff without it being plugged, they are as listed:

-CD_IN
-SPDIF_I
-SPDIF_O
-COMA
-LPT
-FDD
-SYS_FAN1/2
-PCH_FAN
-PWR_FAN
-CLR_CMOS
-SATA2_0/1/2/3/4/5 ( CD Drive? )
-GSATA3_6/7 ( CD drive? )

Once again, Im not to smart with computers but I am here like anyone else. To get some help and gain knowledge in the process and hopefully pass on some too.

My case is the CM STORM - SNIPER BLACK EDITION

thank you,
Toe

p.s. - I am just looking at my computer right now, waiting for some help!! :) 

As for the switches you mentioned first, they are on my Asus board connected below the USB connections located in the bottom right corner of the mobo. Check up in your manual if you are not sure which pin is to be connected where.
HDD led is the flashing light indicating a working HDD
PWR_SW is the wire connecting your mobo and power button you use to start the PC.
The Restart_SW is the connector between restartbutton and motherboard.

-CD_IN - Not quite sure
-SPDIF_I - Sony/Philips Digital Interface
-SPDIF_O Sony/Philips Digital Interface
-COMA Not sure
-LPT Not sure
-FDD Not sure
-SYS_FAN1/2 - additional PSU fan(?)
-PCH_FAN Not sure
-PWR_FAN - Fan
-CLR_CMOS - Used to reset BIOS(a jumper?)
-SATA2_0/1/2/3/4/5 ( CD Drive? ) Sata ports, where you connect SATA II drives
-GSATA3_6/7 ( CD drive? ) Later SATA ports, used to connect SATA III drives

Hope it helped somehow, I'm yet a professional :) 
October 29, 2010 7:05:49 PM

Best answer selected by mrtoesterman.
!