Your question

No ATi from later this year

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 5:52:02 AM
a c 130 U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 7:14:06 AM

Quote:
So Ati will become an independent brand.Like they was before.Or am i missing something.

No you have it a bit wrong there mate. AMD bought out ATI and kept it running as the ATI brand. What they are saying is that they are now going to absorb the Brand name and everything will be AMD. At least it saves us having to type AMD/ATI :) 

Mactronix
a c 130 U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 7:27:14 AM

Radeon Graphics AMD

Mactronix
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 8:08:47 AM

Who cares as long as the same minds are working behind the tech and the same (wont mind better) quality cards roll out with such good pricing.. 'What's in the name after all' ..
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 9:50:42 AM

I'm unsure of my opinion on this matter, But atleast with AMD's Vision strategy it will be easy for consumers to select a graphics card/system.
a c 164 U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 3:47:08 PM

I've been calling them AMD video cards for how long now?

Thats right, after they got bought. No way AMD was going to keep it around.
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 4:32:23 PM

4745454b said:
I've been calling them AMD video cards for how long now?

Thats right, after they got bought. No way AMD was going to keep it around.

Gotta think Intel would be hating to see the AMD sticker placed on all those OEM systems that are using Intel CPUs and AMD graphics !! - would think it would help sales of the AMD CPU based systems also as a consumer would probably think an AMD CPU and AMD GPU will have fewer compatibility issues together than an Intel CPU and AMD GPU !
a c 271 U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 5:03:07 PM

JDFan said:
Gotta think Intel would be hating to see the AMD sticker placed on all those OEM systems that are using Intel CPUs and AMD graphics !! - would think it would help sales of the AMD CPU based systems also as a consumer would probably think an AMD CPU and AMD GPU will have fewer compatibility issues together than an Intel CPU and AMD GPU !

A bit like the myth that Nvidia cards work better on Nvidia chipsets, not that AMD would ever stoop so low as to be in a position where they could ever be accused of trying to mislead potential customers in the same as their competition does of course.
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 5:33:45 PM

JDFan said:

They've actually already got stickers without AMD on them for OEM systems that use Intel cpu/AMD gpu, the stickers simply say Radeon Graphics on them instead of Radeon AMD.
a c 179 U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 5:48:56 PM

Its good to make it seem like they are a single company, helps reduce some confusion for the less technical people. Im actually surprised this didnt happen earlier since it makes the marketing department's job easier and a bit cheaper.
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 5:53:40 PM

I'm Canadian and so was ATI!
I liked how ATI Radeon sounded when you said it :lol: 
a c 376 U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 6:59:06 PM

Mousemonkey said:
A bit like the myth that Nvidia cards work better on Nvidia chipsets, not that AMD would ever stoop so low as to be in a position where they could ever be accused of trying to mislead potential customers in the same as their competition does of course.

Remember when people used to say Nvidia cards worked best on AMD processors and ATI cards favored Intel? Good times, good times...
a c 271 U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 7:05:07 PM

jyjjy said:
Remember when people used to say Nvidia cards worked best on AMD processors and ATI cards favored Intel? Good times, good times...

Them's were the the days indeed... ;) 
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 11:20:25 PM

I'll probably still call them ATI. Too hard of a habit to break. Simpler too, if I type ATI everyone knows I mean GPU, If I type AMD they know CPU. Now you'd have to type AMD Radeon or Radeon. But I suppose as GPUs and CPUs are getting blended together soon, this makes some sense.
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2010 11:12:49 AM

yes, Fusion is going to be lovely for our terminology.... Oh yeah that GPU/CPU / I don't know what to call it / iGCPU is a good deal.

iGCPU = intergrated graphics central processing unit.
!