GIGABYTE GA-Z68P-DS3 LGA 1155 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

haduis

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

Oh and pressing any of the options keys (delete, F2, etc.) results in a reboot.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
If you have extra graphic card plug it in and see what happens, to be honest you haven't given us information about your pc.

Do you have a graphic card, or are you using the internal graphic card? It is clearly a gpu problem, either your motherboard has problem or your extra graphic card has problem.

G

I agree with the one before me. GPU or monitor problem make sure eveything in the back of the cpu is plug in correct. Correct meaning some of these new graphic cards(between now and 6years ago) have two ports on the back which to hook the monitor up and its almost an every graphic card is different as which one of these ports is the favorable port to plug into. Also check to see which pci-express slot it is plugged into not to say you would'nt plug into the top slot but sometimes on mainboard e-sata,pci power,and or aircooler conflict that one would sometimes choose the latter and plug their graphic card into the second pci-x slot.

scoliosis

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
I have this problem as well.

Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3
i5 2500K
8GB PC1066 1.5v memory
320MB eVGA 8800GTS
1TB Hitachi SATA
Dell 2001FP on DVI (tried both DVI out on the video card)
That's all that is plugged in. The system powers on and shows the BIOS, then zebra stripes and hangs.

The mobo does support Virtua Logix video switching and I'm not using the HDMI port on the motherboard. Could that be a problem>

scoliosis

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Weird. I unplugged even the SATA drives and it went past to say there's no HDD. But once I plug it back in it fails with the Zebra stripes. So I figured I'll go into the BIOS without drives and disable on board video, disable all overclocking and voila it started working just fine. Of course it came with F1 BIOS, so I downloaded F4 onto a USB stick and updated the BIOS. Now running default settings it works just fine!

G

So to conclude this problem downloading the newer bois has corrected the problem at default settings? What about OC'ing

scoliosis

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Update is that even with the latest F7 BIOS, I cannot use more than 3 sticks of RAM. If I plug the 4th stick in, the system will hang randomly, sometimes won't even power on! I've already RMA'ed the board, the CPU and the Memory, so there's something definitely lacking with this motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.