Sign in with
Your question

Monitor problem with new card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 30, 2010 12:02:54 PM

I did install the new graphic card Shapphire Radeon HD5450 512MB following your advice. I do not have any problem turning on the computer using Windows XP. However, when using Obuntu Linux the monitor (Flat LCD) responds with the following message " Analog out of range 90 Khz - 60 Hz. I have that monitor set up to 60 Hz. Please advice!

More about : monitor problem card

September 1, 2010 2:42:12 PM

rolli59 said:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/linux/Pages/radeo...
Is this what you are using and do you have everything there is in the release notes?

I am not that familiar with all the technical terminology mentioned in that update but I am pretty sure it does apply in my case. When I opened the link I downloaded and saved the update but it not solve the problem. I am thinking now that the problem might be that when I installed the drivers fort the new graphic card I specified Windows XP as my operating system. My question now is: Do I have to install the driver a second time but under Linux?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!
m
l
Related resources
a c 1372 U Graphics card
a c 101 C Monitor
September 1, 2010 3:05:59 PM

It is likely that you will have to install it under Linux.
m
l
September 1, 2010 7:40:59 PM

Hi.
Not completely sure but I think Ubuntu has a safe graphics mode that boots in low res/frequency etc etc. Might be worth a shot. It would let you log on and set settings much easier
m
l
!