Asus bios shows ODD0

I have 2 working PATA drives in the system with the correct slave/master configuration installed onto ASUS P7P55D-E LX mobo. They were find until I loaded the mobo drivers from the original CD, then POOF, they vanished. They appear in the BIOS as ODD0 and ODD1 and no longer appears as windows load up. I am quite sure it is something in the BIOS but I have not been able to figure exactly what to change or how to flash the BIOS. I am a newbie at building systems.
4 answers Last reply
More about asus bios shows odd0
  1. In your BIOS, make sure that IDE is selected instead of AHCI.
  2. Thank you for such a quick response, I went back into the BIOS and made the changes, the reboot results with the same old disappearing act. IDE APPEARS IN bios disappears after logon.
  3. ???? Have you tried changing them to Cable Select instead of master and slave?
  4. Yeah! UNfortunately it did nothing, so I just reinstalled OS while disabling jmicron drivers, waited until OS was loaded trhen rebooted without the PATA's and rebooted one more time, ere-enabling the jmicron drivers and then they reappeared in the system, thanks for trying to help though.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus BIOS Configuration Motherboards