Is it safe to delete Windows.old.000?

NotSoHonestAbe

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
There is a folder on my primary boot hard drive called Windows.old.000, and I know that it is the old installation of windows (I messed something up real badly a while back and had to re-install) and it's a rather large file. Is it safe to delete? I'd tried it before, but I get a notification saying "The file 'bootstat.dat is a system file. If you remove it, Windows or another program may not work correctly." I assume that any system files in the Windows.old.000 are not used at all, but I just want to make sure. Can I delete it?

Brandwein Samuel

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014

Get, or try a copy, it's called AVG Tuneup, I am in the prosess of dedleting windows .old000. Try running your operating system off windows.old, the regular, without the 000. Slowly, but surley, I will chip away at this hard drive if it's the last thing I ever DO! Need room, even though I'm wiping this hard drive and installing all new in a week, just looking for smoother sailing until then.

A word to the wise, by a BMW, or Volkswagen, you need the parts for that car only, same with HP, BUT,,, HP, don't ask me what it is, they are the best! The movie Christine by Stephen King, my computer did it one night, restored and repaired itself no frickin joke, the 2 techs jaws dropped so far, and they kicked me out of there store. Thought I was a witch doctor, or was it that Acer sale they lost? Probably that but still.They were getting ready to ship it out for internal repair. I got home, fired it up, welcome to your new computer???? I've seen crazier miracles. Si I named her Christine, LOL! I honestly wish it could pull a fix on me now, a few different fixes! Get AVG Tunup, Duplicate remover and I hope you have about a year of free time, no just kidding, it is a bit time consuming but nothings worse than wasted stress.

Brandwein Samuel

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
Get, or try a copy, it's called AVG Tuneup, I am in the prosess of dedleting windows .old000. Try running your operating system off windows.old, the regular, without the 000. Slowly, but surley, I will chip away at this hard drive if it's the last thing I ever DO! Need room, even though I'm wiping this hard drive and installing all new in a week, just looking for smoother sailing until then.

A word to the wise, by a BMW, or Volkswagen, you need the parts for that car only, same with HP, BUT,,, HP, don't ask me what it is, they are the best! The movie Christine by Stephen King, my computer did it one night, restored and repaired itself no frickin joke, the 2 techs jaws dropped so far, and they kicked me out of there store. Thought I was a witch doctor, or was it that Acer sale they lost? Probably that but still.They were getting ready to ship it out for internal repair. I got home, fired it up, welcome to your new computer???? I've seen crazier miracles. Si I named her Christine, LOL! I honestly wish it could pull a fix on me now, a few different fixes! Get AVG Tunup, Duplicate remover and I hope you have about a year of free time, no just kidding, it is a bit time consuming but nothings worse than wasted stress. This was my comment/answer.