HDD Format Problem

kysexual

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I bought a 2TB for a new build, and when installing Windows I wasn't too sure what I was doing but there were three partitions, and I installed Windows onto the smaller one.

Sorry for the bad explanation, but here is my problem.

When I go to Computer, I only have Local Disk :)C) with 12GB of space, (500mb free) when I should have a 2TB disk.

How can I fix this?

Re-install windows, and when you get to the part where you tell it which drive ti install it on, go to the advanced options, and delete all the partitions. You can then go back and install windows to the un-partitioned space.

If you want to create say a 500 GB partition for Windows, you can create this partition from the advanced options, and then install windows to it, and after Windows is installed, you can go back and create another partition on the unused space.

razvan_mz

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I think you didn't format it corectly... or... all of it. right click on computer, then manage. then go to disk management. If you have something with unallocated space... that's the space you are not using. you can do whatever there. enlarge the c partition. create a new one... etc.

Read this, you'll get the idea. You probably didn't formatt it right if on Windows 7 or 8, and Windows XP 32 bit may not recognize 2TB but there may be a way to partition the drive previously.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg463525.aspx

TRENDING THREADS