A A II X4 635 or A II X4 640??..

talakitok

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
hello guyz...can i ask if which of these cpu would be better with a HD 6850 1G?... AMD Athlon II X4 635 or AMD Athlon II X4 640 ???...

PS....
i live in the Philippines and i am building a 25k php budget can u help me pick my rig excluding MONitor just the cpu only... i get my prices here >> http://www.tipidpc.com/useritems.php?username=PCHub

thank you very much for your reply guyz....

Solution
Obviously the faster clocked processor of the same exact series is faster. However 2.9Ghz to 3.0Ghz is less than a 4% improvement in performance. If your not overclocking I would go with which ever you can find cheapest, if your overclockin the higher multiplier in the X4 640 may help.

loneninja

Distinguished
Obviously the faster clocked processor of the same exact series is faster. However 2.9Ghz to 3.0Ghz is less than a 4% improvement in performance. If your not overclocking I would go with which ever you can find cheapest, if your overclockin the higher multiplier in the X4 640 may help.

Solution

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
640, and hope that you get a mobo that can at least try to unlock the l3 cache, i use a 640 and it did unlock (i was lucky... nto a guaruntee) if you do plan to try to unlock the l3 though get a better cpu cooler as the stock athlon cooler is barely adequite for stock speeds