Sign in with
Your question

Problem with my Sparkle nVidia GeForce 9800

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 30, 2010 6:39:39 PM

This card has been wonderful to me for a year now, but now I'm getting a problem where after I've used my computer for a while, especially when playing Fallout 3, my monitors pilot light will turn orange (meaning there's no signal, derp) and the computer crashes. This is started to really irk me, and I'm wonder if there's any fix to this. Sorry if I'm not that helpful, I'll try to answer any counter-questions you've got.
a b Î Nvidia
August 30, 2010 7:09:44 PM

It could just be overheating. First clean out your case with some compressed air to get all that dust out. Carefully blow out the GPU heatsink. You could also use a utility to manually increase your GPU fan speed.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
August 30, 2010 8:22:44 PM

After cleaning out your case, monitor your temps and fan speeds using MSI Afterburner.

Have you recently updated the drivers?
m
l
Related resources
September 10, 2010 2:00:17 AM

Hey guys, I got it all up and going again. The graphics card fan wasn't going, and that just took a little manual turning until something loosened up in there. It's been fine ever since!
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 10, 2010 2:03:13 AM

Teglement said:
Hey guys, I got it all up and going again. The graphics card fan wasn't going, and that just took a little manual turning until something loosened up in there. It's been fine ever since!

If it stops again you might want to take it apart and oil the bearing, you can find tutorials for this on Youtube.
m
l
!