Windows XP Pro hangs

Why does my computer hang when I switch from one open window to another? I
can restore it by opening and closing the task manager.
--
GP
1 answer Last reply

    Gary P wrote:
    > Why does my computer hang when I switch from one open window to another? I
    > can restore it by opening and closing the task manager.

    Some basic maintenance is in order, to rule out malware. Run a full
    virus scan and spyware scan(s) using current definition files. Install
    all critical Windows and Microsoft Office (if you use it) updates.

    Empty your temporary internet cache. How much RAM and free HDD space do
    you have? What speed is your CPU?

    Uninstall any applications you no longer need.

    Defrag and remove any unnecessary applications from startup.

    Have you installed any new applications or hardware lately? That might
    be causing your problem. Check Device Manager for hardware that's not
    working properly.

    These steps are a good place to start.

    posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
    of this message.

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP