Tags:
  • Build
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
October 16, 2010 10:40:44 PM

Hello everyone! :) 
Ive been having a hard time figuring out the perfect build for my new world of warcraft desktop that ive been trying to find for 2 weeks now. I found this website and saw the help others were getting and im hoping i can get that same help :)  I want to play the computer on High/Ultra setting in Cataclysm with 40+ FPS in raids.
So lets get started

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP before November

Budget Range: < $1200 USD (before rebates)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: This PC will be mainly for World of Warcraft, already have a netbook for college

Parts Not Required: I am starting from scratch, so I will need everything (monitor, keyboard, mouse, O.S.) Id also like to get a new wireless N router for mine is out-of-date and a wireless chip for my desktop since my computer will be in a seperate area of the house. If you guys could recommend those that would be amazing :) 

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: http://www.newegg.com/ unless there is abetter one of which i haven't heard of :)  im not very computer savv

Country of Origin: US

Parts Preferences: None

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: Depends on the monitor

Additional Comments: Whatever you guys can do is much appreciated and i cant wait to see what come out of it :) 
Thanks again everyone

More about : complete budget world warcraft 1200 build

October 16, 2010 11:56:19 PM
October 17, 2010 12:48:39 PM

Things to consider:

If you have a flat screen TV, you can use that as monitor/speakers and save some budget that way.

Not sure how hardcore you are, but you probably going to need a decent mouse with at least 5 buttons on it. Razer Naga is the best mouse for WoW at the moment, Stay away from the SteelSeries WoW mouse for now, althought the new one they are coming out with for Cataclism may turn out better.

If all you going to play is WoW and you don't need a lot of storage space, you should go for SSD instead of HDD. Shorter load times can come in pretty handy and a 120 Gb Vertex 2 can be had for under $200 so it wont eat up too much of your budget.

If you plan to move your computer around, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... is a pretty cool/inexpenside case/psu combo, plus you will save some budget by going with a mATX board.
m
l
October 17, 2010 3:50:30 PM

Hey guys thanks for all the help. Its been really helpful. Only a few things im considering changing

1. GPU
so far its the
SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100283VX-2L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity
which i was thinking of changing to the Nvidia GTX 460 since i heard its not much more and runs alot better. If the 460 GTX is overboard for WoW then let me know :)  but i saw alot on here for not much more than the 5770. Only problem is idk who is the best manufacturor for it and will it be noisier if i get the GTX 460 or will it be about the same?

2. Speakers
I got rid of the speakers since i dont have room in my room for that and i want to try out the speakers on the monitor(which looks amazing btw) and if those aren't up par ill get set of small speakers at a local store.

3. Mouse
Like Impeacher said it would be nice to have a mouse with two extra small buttons next to the scroll. im not into the whole 15 button trend of late.

Im not looking to move my desktop around really at all so portability isnt a need I like the Router that Godly picked out but i know nothing of the internet cards that make a desktop wireless can anyone suggest a good one for my budget?

If anyone can help with my changes of a new mouse/keyboard combo(under 60) with a mouse like i described. Please reply with those links.

Last but not least links or info on good GTX 460 manufacturers under $200.

Thanks again everyone for all your help.
m
l
October 17, 2010 3:59:33 PM

Oh and i dont have a flat screen TV so i need the monitor. thanks for the good idea thou
m
l
October 17, 2010 4:13:17 PM

My i5-750 5770 build gets about 40 fps in dal with all settings maxed, dont need much for WoW to run great. The video engine tops off at 70fps with vsync on. This build recommended will be a nice build for your uses.

Erm I noticed godly used .com when you said .ca so his build is over your 1200 CAD budget, will look into
m
l
October 17, 2010 4:18:32 PM

Your country of origin says US you said newegg.ca, which is it??
m
l
October 17, 2010 4:28:18 PM

oh woops my fault yeah its newegg.com. copied someones format didnt notice that
m
l
October 17, 2010 4:28:21 PM

Just thought I'd mention Wow loves Nvidia/Intel setups.

IMO, an i5-760+GTX 460 would be the preferable setup.
m
l
October 17, 2010 4:32:17 PM

1. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/293259-33-5770-benchm...
The average gamer, it doesn't make a difference but pulling from this article the 460 is the better card. However, do note only the 1gb card is better, which is more expensive than the 768mb(comparable to 5770)
2. I have that monitor and have no complaints on the speakers.
3. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This wireless adapter will work fine http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you go with the 5770 I'd recommend a XFX since they come with lifetime warranty. For gtx460 Asus Gigabyte EVGA
m
l
October 17, 2010 4:43:42 PM

Thank you sonic. If you were to buy one of the two video card that you suggested which one would you get for WoW?

I was also wondering do the USB adapters work just as well as the chip ones ive heard of?
m
l
October 17, 2010 4:46:26 PM

Or if you have an idea of a better video card fit for what i need then feel free to suggest it :) 
m
l
October 17, 2010 5:11:43 PM

The lifetime warrant only happens if you register within about 30 days i believe,
and the 5770 gets about 80fps normally on 1920 x 1200 with 4xAA

and the 460 would be overkill, but with the 6xxxx series coming soon prices will be dropping quickly and youll probably be able to get 2 5770's for under $250

m
l
October 17, 2010 6:37:06 PM

Theres nothing hard about taking 2 mins to register for a lifetime warranty.

I would go with the 5770 and as godly said prices will be dropping soon so it will cheap to xfire it in the future and the 5770 scales very well with xfire.
m
l
!