Gigabyte is faking again? - GV-R567HM-1GI

map01ch

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Gigabyte is trying to use the wording to mislead normal people like us. :non:

If you are going to buy GV-R567HM-1GI, check the hardware before buying, as it says it comes with HM to 1G GDDR5 memory.

Since DDR5 does not exist on motherboard, how can Gigabyte to use the ”Hyper Memory Technology” to generate another 512MB GDDR5 from the video card??????

I do not think any of us will and never will to get 1GB performance on GDDR5.

If you do have HM to 1G, please show us………Surely this is a misleading to the people like us.

Reference Link: http://www.pcdvd.com.tw/showthread.php?t=903159

GPU-Z image clearly says it is 512MB in Memory Size , where is 1G??? :fou:

123ymr.jpg

But the colour box says it is 1G.
Unless Gigabyte’s “Hyper Memory Technology” will DOWNGRADE the GDDR5 to GDDR3 to make it as 1G. :na:
Otherwise it will only be GDDR5 512MB + DDR3 512MB, and this is NOT equal to HM to 1G GDDR5/128 bit. NEVER……………

img35391.jpg

Sticker?? So weird to see a sticker on the video card.

img35351.jpg

WTF, after removing the sticker, it’s says 512MB instead of 1GB.
Er………… I do not really know what to say. :pfff:

img35401.jpg

After reading this article from the source (with Google translate), I feel that a company size like Gigabyte, they should feel shameful. SHAME ON GIGABYTE :non:

I used to buy Gigabyte’s goods, but now I am deeply considering about their integrity, I will rather spend a bit more money on some others which is more trustworthy.

Share with you all about this information and share with you friend if they are planning to buy this video card, or have already purchased, ask them DO check it and ask for the refund.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! This is definitely unacceptable. CHEATING………………….

haisea

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010

Is it mistake or cheating ?. I don't know. Any annoucement from producer?

latanh

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
That's just the HyperMemory technology.

The card doesn't have 1GB PHYSICAL memory onboard. Only 512 MB. But under load it will take another 512MB from your system memory.

map01ch

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010

Will that be Hyper Memory to 1G GDDR5??? :non:

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
It's a sales ploy. It's not directly a false advertisement, but more of a "fine-print, read between the lines" advertisement. Many companies pull this kind of stuff. I find it more shady for companies that advertise HUGE but irrelevant numbers in their ads in order to increase sales and jack up prices (e.g dynamic contrast ratios for televisions) or companies like Monster Cable that say their HDMI cables produce higher quality images than any other cable when in fact there is no difference.

jrhii

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
This is nothing near as bad as MSI selling the MSI 870-G45 motherboard and putting a sticker on the box that says AMD 870 chipset when it's actually a 770 chipset.

I returned mine to Newegg and made them change the specifications.

I feel it does harm to the 870A-G54 (and all of MSI in general), too, which is pretty much the actual 870 version of that Mobo.

To be fair I just haven't had a good experience with MSI lately. I'm getting the above mentioned mobo returned from an RMA, and here's to hoping they didn't just send this one back and say it works without saying what they did.

G

GIGABYTE is aware of this issue and based on these concerns, GIGABYTE has stopped selling this product with such a confusing and as some have said misleading label.
This VGA card is special edition and has never been available in Europe.

map01ch

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
GIGABYTE is aware of this issue and based on these concerns, GIGABYTE has stopped selling this product with such a confusing and as some have said misleading label.
This VGA card is special edition and has never been available in Europe.

Thanks Gigabyte-VGA. Will this model be available in Europe later on?