Xbox 360 + switch. (means a sort of router that allows him to connect)

G

I've just bought a switch so I could be online on my computer and at the same time be online on xbox live. I needed it so I could speak with my friend over the computer (skype) insted of using the xbox chat. But now online one of my machines can be online at the time. F.eks If I turn off my xbox my computer can go on the internet, and if I turn of my computer, the xbox can go on xbox live. So i just wanna hear if you know how to solve this problem.

[#500ff]How are you connecting the devices to the switch and how is the switch connected to your Internet connection?[/#00ff]

G

The switch is connected to my internet connecting from the wall, and then I've two other internet cabels I plug into my xbox and computer, that I put into my switch.

Sounds like both machines are occupying the same IP address. In the computer, check the Properties of the connection then the TCP/IP Properties to make sure the DHCP is set to automatic. I'm not sufficiently familiar with the X-box an wher eit stores its settings but if you cna check that as well, it will help. If necessary, give both static IPs.[/#000ff]

G

My xbox and my computer runs on the same IP, and I've also been thinking that, that might could be the problem.

G

Do you have any idea of how I maybe could fix it?. I was thinking about change the Ip on my xbox. Dunno if that will work.

Brian_tii

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Buy a router instead of the switch. That will help you create a private network (that multiple computers can use) behind your one public IP address. Sounds complicated but in reality you should just be able to plug your internet into the "WAN" port on the router, and your xbox and computer into the lan ports. Most have 4 or 5 lan ports so you'll even have some spares :)