• Little

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Not really

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No!

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • WTF! I will kill your first-born child!

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

mgrzTX

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I voted the last option, it made the most since regardless of the question... :na:

I kinda wish they would keep the ATI on it, it could get confusing discussing GPUs and CPUs...

"how bout that AMD"
"yea the new 8 core cpu rocks"
"WTF, I'll eat your first born child"
"WHAAAAT?!?!!?"
"I was talkin bout the new AMD 7970 dude"
"crap"

sl83r

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
Sux to see a good name go the way of the DODO bird. RIP ATI. But I knew it was eventually coming....AMD bought them 4 yrs ago, bound to happen sometime down the road :(

I don't like it at all. ATi is the oldest surviving name in graphics cards dating back over 20 years. I will still always refer to AMD cards as ATi. My first ever video card was an ATi EGA Wonder back in 1987 so maybe I'm just biased.

I dont like it. Maybe because of nostalgia. It was a household name in PC world. I don't know how come they conducted the survey and turned out that AMD is bigger brand name than ATI? What AMD is in the CPU world, ATI is the same in GPU world. Guys who voted, must be some ostriches who had their head in the ground or people who say the whole cabinet and whatever that is inside as a CPU. :D

Its a conspiracy i tell you... CONSPIRACY!!!! :fou:

phenom90

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
actually.... i would like amd to keep ati brands... because ati brands alone doesn't make people confused with other amd products... its how the people in amd marketing their cpu and gpu at the same time.... i still believe ati and amd brand can co-exists.... i will miss ati if its going to be retired... however... that wouldn't stop me from seeking another radeon gpu as long as they keep doing better than the competition... like the hd 5000 series....

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
While I don't really like AMD's decision to completely remove (abandon?) the ATI moniker, I understand their reasoning. I don't think they did it because the AMD brand was more recognizable than ATI, though. I think AMD just wants ALL the brand recognition associated with ATI directed entirely to the AMD brand, and rightly so.

While I'm not crazy about the name change, I'll live. However, what will they do about the little "ATI" icon for Catalyst Control Center? Change it to AMD I guess? That will be weird.

kcole4001

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
It would be nice if they kept the name for the cards.
Ah well, that's life. I used to be a Voodoo fan years ago.
I do prefer AMD CPUs anyway.

tripod_knight

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Maybe they're hoping this will encourage people with AMD processors to buy AMD cards? The average consumer probably has no clue that AMD made their processor and their video card.

Or maybe they're going to concentrate on making AMD cards work better with AMD processors in the future.

stillerfan15

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

I voted not really - maybe AMD would have been better off to keep the ATI name alive. Whats going to happen to the CCC naming?
Dave