Huge Power-On Hours Count on Intel SSD

bn_hot

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
I have 3 drives, each Intel 330 240GB. I looked at the SMART details using the the Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox v3.1.2 and they all show high Power-On Hours Counts (one drive shows 896594, which is 102 years!) One of the drives was new in box and showed these huge values when first connected.

Intel is wanting to replace these, but I wanted to see how many people were also experiencing this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks!!!

---Brian

Solution
Discussions with Intel:
In terms of side-effect the performance of the SSD should not be affected; this error is a cosmetic issue mostly likely caused by some incompatibility with the SATA controller but your SSD should be working just fine.
I'm really curious... if you have an Intel SSD, check your Power-On Hours Count.

I'm on an ASUS P8P67 PRO motherboard.

bn_hot

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
Discussions with Intel:
In terms of side-effect the performance of the SSD should not be affected; this error is a cosmetic issue mostly likely caused by some incompatibility with the SATA controller but your SSD should be working just fine.
I'm really curious... if you have an Intel SSD, check your Power-On Hours Count.

I'm on an ASUS P8P67 PRO motherboard.

Solution

fanqi1234

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

My intel ssd 520 (240GB) shows 899636 hours... ~=102 years, so it seems our systems both read the number wrong in the same way.

My motherboard is ASUS p6x58d-e.

Could it be an ASUS issue? Or the Marvell adapter ASUS uses for older boards?