Change and Clone Primary Boot Partition

Zorthos

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Hi There,

I'm one of the many who purchased a faulty Corsair Sandforce SSD back in October 2011.
This means that for the past year I've had freezing, blue screening and the odd software crash due to the SSD faulting.

However, I'm one of those people who'll just put up with it dependent upon how much it's currently affecting me in relation to how long it'll take to fix. The idea of having to reinstall a mass of software due to registry being wiped and losing core files which are stored in app data just seems like a massive farce considering.

Anyways, my question is, is there an elegant solution to clone your current C drive, making a new one out of an existing partition, which becomes the new C drive. I understand that I could just copy over the files, but I literally need to make that the new boot partition, and have the C:\ drive name. That way none of the shortcuts will stop working etc.

What I'm looking for is a program that will essentially pull the table cloth out from underneath the files, and put in a new one without disturbing anything, that way I can RMA/Burn my SSD.

Appreciate the help,

Zack

Anderson_64

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

SandForce-based SSDs performed extremely well from the get go. Unfortunately, there were some bugs early on that caused instability in SSD drives that used the SandForce controllers, which was practically everybody.

I’ve had the Corsair Force 3-SandForce SF-2281 running in my primary system for over two months now, and have not experienced a single stutter, hang, crash or blue screen. I also haven’t experienced any issues waking up from a sleep state or hibernation. The drive I received had firmware version 1.2.

SandForce recently sent out updated firmware code to manufacturers, claiming they had fixed the bugs causing the instability in a lot of SandForce SSD drives. Corsair integrated those fixes into firmware 1.3.3, but I want to stress that even before firmware 1.3.3, the Force 3 did not exhibit any stability issues for me. The Force 3 has been very reliable during the course of my evaluation.

Zorthos

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

See now, the issue with me relying on a firmware update to try and fix this issue is that the firmware update cannot recognize my device. Additionally, the firmware updates they previously posted were destructive, and as you can tell from the OP, that's precisely what I do not want to do. Also, when I told corsair that the software couldn't recognize the device, then they just simply told me to RMA it to them, alongside a multitude of other threads with similar issues.

You telling me that you've had no issues and that corsair are working to fix it like you work for their PR team isn't helpful to me or anyone else who is attempting to do what I discussed in the OP.

Idonno

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I use Acronis true image home 2010 to clone OS drives. It works great! there have been problems reported for later versions of Acronis but, 2010 works great.