SATA rAID0 recovery techniques and tools(software)

vladtirus

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Dear community,
I have to restore my fallen SATA Raid0 and never have had such a subtle experience. Could the forum experts advise me some most efficient software (I mean the one that you personally used and had good results) and some steps outlined in that procedure. Recovering data looks like walking on a "mine field" - every uncautious step may be the last one (for the data so far) . I'll appreciate your help very much. For back up and preliminary imaging of the raid I mean ti try Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost. How can I run imaging of the raid imaging : each SATA HDD's image (the Raid0 I have consists of two disks) or the image of the logical RAID 0 "drive" ? Not clear about this so far. Could you advise, please?
And as for data recover itself, again, which aoftware should I rely on (1) and which way to run that process (steps, in general) to avoid fatal mistakes.
Thank you so much again. Hope my voice is not the one of crying in a desert..:)

redeemer

Distinguished

The only thing you need to know is that raid 0 has no redundancy, its a long shot but you can try to backup what left MBR, Partions and recreate the RAID, but it will never be the same and there still will be major losses.

vladtirus

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

I had my psu burnt after an electric power surge while my pc was in "sleep mode". After restoring (replacing) psu the proces of loading os resulted in message "no virtual disk, no physical disk". After resetting sata disk line in bios for "raid" (in hdd configuration block) - after the el.shock it had "ide" for some reason- the process of os load resumed to the point where it was I.e. Resuming slept windows session but it was resulting in 2 options 1.cintinue trying to resume windows session (no result) and 2.delete all restoring data and start from menu (which I do not try to do, not sure if that may damage data recovery). So, for now I hope to restore the raid using a data recovery sofrware , and back_up (image the raid) before that for any case. The question is how to do that and which software is more reliable.
Approximate hardware data (if that is important here I will gather all more detailed):
Cpu: iCore7-920
MB:Asus P6T Deluxe
Video card: Radeon Palit HD 4870
Sata HDDs Seagate Barracuda (smth) : 320gb + 320gb
One more IDE hdd is onboard (Seagate also) : 80gb
Using the load start with IDE hdd and then "hot connection" of sata drives I can see the raid status from windows. It says (using intel matrix storage 8.0 software) that each of the physical sata disks is "normal" but the sata raid volume "cannot be accessed for now, had some failure" . So, it looks like I have disks not damaged as such but metadata of sata raid need to be resored. Is there any hope here (minding redeemer's pessimism)??
Thank you, again for your help. Which software do you use for data recovery? And how to approach the procedure?

vladtirus

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Thank you for reply. I can just agree. From all tje available software on this problem their sodtware looks to be pretty developed and impressing. I only wonder if a demo version can fully restore the volume. Is it risky to try a demo version of them to recover the raid 0 volume?
As for imaging, I think to use Acronis True Image (as Norton Ghost is too sophisticated) , which is the right way: clone the disk (one option) or create image of the hdd (another option with ATI) . Which is better?
Thanks in advance for help.