thnksqrd

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
Here are the specs of my current comp:

Dell Vostro 220 Mini Tower
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.66GHz
2 GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD3400

All I use the Comp for is WoW with a dual monitor setup (2 20 inch LCDs) and I'd like to know if upgrading the vid card to something newer would solve my graphics problems I've had since the new patch for WoW came out. My FPS has dropped considerably and there is intermittent tearing and streaking.

I've updated all my drivers, though I'm not sure the DirectX 11 is supported by my vid card.

Basically I'd like opinions on whether or not I should build a new rig. Ive done lots of work replacing individual components before, but have never built from scratch so I'm completely unfamiliar with picking out components that will work well together.

If a new build is my best option, I'd really appreciate some help choosing components, preferably under 800$ -1000$ total, all I need is the Computer itself, no peripherals.

First post here, so forgive any faux-pas I may have made.

Thanks in advance.

thnksqrd

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
I'm pretty sure I'd just like to build a new rig, but while I trust my ability to put the thing together correctly, I DON'T trust my ability to pick out parts which will function well together.

there are a few building guides on this site you can look into. You could also salvage your parts like the hard drive and maybe processor and RAM. It depends on which board you get.

http://www.tomshardware.com/theme-build-your-own,156.html - look around here and remember to have fun building it :)