Character Tutorials?

I know I've seen them somewhere, but where can I find tutorials on
getting your characters into UT2k3/UT2k4? I've gone thru the Actor X
tutorials with success, but now I need to know HOW to get the character into
the game itself. Looking for stuff like how to make the lil' picture you
see when you select a character as a bot, how to get the game to pick up on
it, etc.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanx in Advance!

TG

Deathlord wrote:

> where can I find tutorials on
> getting your characters into UT2k3/UT2k4? I've gone thru the Actor X
> tutorials with success, but now I need to know HOW to get the
> character into the game itself. Looking for stuff like how to make
> the lil' picture you see when you select a character as a bot, how to
> get the game to pick up on it, etc.

UPaint is on one of the disks. Open the model, apply the skins, save it
as whatever you wish to name it, and export it to Unreal from there.
Pretty easily actually. T UPaint DOES have a minor problem though, it
sets all your textures to LODset_World instead of LODset_playerskin, so
you'll want to open your new UTX file in UnrealEd and change those
settings.

Here's a UPaint tutorial if you need it:
http://alumni.cerrocoso.edu/game/tutorials/uPaint/upaint_interface.htm

Meltdown

Deathlord enlightened us with:
> I know I've seen them somewhere, but where can I find tutorials on
> getting your characters into UT2k3/UT2k4?

Somehow I don't think you can get your character into UT2k3/4.

> I've gone thru the Actor X tutorials with success, but now I need to
> know HOW to get the character into the game itself.

Ah, you are asking about a /model/ of a character. Or so it seems. The
best way to learn: get the special edition of UT2k4 - the second DVD
contains a whealth of knowledge in the form of video tutorials.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Heh! I forgot about that! I have the damn things, was watching them &
forgot all about them!

Thank you for the reminder!!

PS: Somehow I got there on the first day of it's release, wasn't even on the
shelves, and managed to get the Metal Boxed Special Edition. After what
I've been hearing, I'm quite lucky!

"MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote in message
> Deathlord enlightened us with:
> > I know I've seen them somewhere, but where can I find tutorials on
> > getting your characters into UT2k3/UT2k4?
>
> Somehow I don't think you can get your character into UT2k3/4.
>
> > I've gone thru the Actor X tutorials with success, but now I need to
> > know HOW to get the character into the game itself.
>
> Ah, you are asking about a /model/ of a character. Or so it seems. The
> best way to learn: get the special edition of UT2k4 - the second DVD
> contains a whealth of knowledge in the form of video tutorials.
>
> MeltDown
> --
> !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
> ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
> !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Meltdown

Deathlord enlightened us with:
> Heh! I forgot about that! I have the damn things, was watching them
> & forgot all about them!

LOL glad I reminded you ;-)

> PS: Somehow I got there on the first day of it's release, wasn't even
> on the shelves, and managed to get the Metal Boxed Special Edition.

Nice one. I've got that version too ;-)