Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Problem with HDMI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 31, 2010 11:10:19 AM

I have a monitor which supports HDMI and VGA input. But when I use HDMI the display turns all blurry and unclear. I really want to use HDMI because it is HD, which has a better quality then VGA and because my ingrated motherboard sound card is really bad and I want to use the sound from my graphics card. I havve an ATI Radeon HD 4670 AGP. Can you please help me fix this problem.

thanks

More about : problem hdmi

a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2010 11:15:56 AM

My guess is that it's your monitor, It may not have the required refresh rate, However just to eliminate all possibility's I recommend you upgrade to the latest drivers and update the monitor via windows update then get back to us.
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2010 11:44:47 AM

Sounds like it is switching to a non native resolution. Check in the catalyst control center that it is displaying at your monitors native resolution.
Related resources
August 31, 2010 11:56:02 AM

strangestranger said:
Sounds like it is switching to a non native resolution. Check in the catalyst control center that it is displaying at your monitors native resolution.

yeah I checked. I changed it to the native resolution 1366 x 768. but its still blurry compared to VGA
Score
August 31, 2010 12:03:27 PM

decode said:
My guess is that it's your monitor, It may not have the required refresh rate, However just to eliminate all possibility's I recommend you upgrade to the latest drivers and update the monitor via windows update then get back to us.

yeah I already have the latest drivers. I bought this card a few weeks ago
Score
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2010 12:06:53 PM

See if you can check it on another monitor, Borrow a mates or use a spare one, If it works its the monitor, If it doesn't its your graphics.
Score
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2010 12:37:26 PM

Is it blurry in games as well as the desktop?
Score
September 1, 2010 5:56:04 AM

strangestranger said:
Is it blurry in games as well as the desktop?

yeah :( 
Score
September 1, 2010 5:56:51 AM

maybe I shuld just stick with VGA and buy a new sound card. Can anyone suggest a good PCI sound card?
Score
September 8, 2010 6:57:06 AM

Best answer selected by nadesgalore.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 8, 2010 3:12:55 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!