Closed Solved

Problem with HDMI

I have a monitor which supports HDMI and VGA input. But when I use HDMI the display turns all blurry and unclear. I really want to use HDMI because it is HD, which has a better quality then VGA and because my ingrated motherboard sound card is really bad and I want to use the sound from my graphics card. I havve an ATI Radeon HD 4670 AGP. Can you please help me fix this problem.

thanks
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problem hdmi
  1. My guess is that it's your monitor, It may not have the required refresh rate, However just to eliminate all possibility's I recommend you upgrade to the latest drivers and update the monitor via windows update then get back to us.
  2. Best answer
    Sounds like it is switching to a non native resolution. Check in the catalyst control center that it is displaying at your monitors native resolution.
  3. strangestranger said:
    Sounds like it is switching to a non native resolution. Check in the catalyst control center that it is displaying at your monitors native resolution.

    yeah I checked. I changed it to the native resolution 1366 x 768. but its still blurry compared to VGA
  4. decode said:
    My guess is that it's your monitor, It may not have the required refresh rate, However just to eliminate all possibility's I recommend you upgrade to the latest drivers and update the monitor via windows update then get back to us.

    yeah I already have the latest drivers. I bought this card a few weeks ago
  5. See if you can check it on another monitor, Borrow a mates or use a spare one, If it works its the monitor, If it doesn't its your graphics.
  6. Is it blurry in games as well as the desktop?
  7. strangestranger said:
    Is it blurry in games as well as the desktop?

    yeah :(
  8. maybe I shuld just stick with VGA and buy a new sound card. Can anyone suggest a good PCI sound card?
  9. Best answer selected by nadesgalore.
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards VGA HDMI Graphics