NEWEGG Built computer

G

I am waiting until Black Friday to build My computer. My Total comes to $700.00 with shipping included. I hear that newegg deals during black friday arnt that good. Has anyone experienced the sales during BE? can anyone give me examples on what they were? will my price tag drop by a decent amount or no? Thanks guys

G

for people that have experienced the deals in the past, well, they can answer it. Its not just a single question in my post.

Depends on what parts you are looking at, their prices are pretty good so they dont tend to drop them a ton during black friday on good parts, mostly because good parts sell well anyway. Just keep an eye out for good combos until then, you will likely save more if you find a couple good combos than if you buy them all on black friday, some things like DVD drives will show up super cheap for their black friday sales, but dont expect to see a great deal on an i5 760 or a 955.

D

Deleted member 217926

Some of the sales can be pretty good but it is hit and miss what exactly will be on sale. I got my Antec 1200 case for $115 after rebate ( normally $150-$175) last year. Year before that i got these 2 x WD 640s for about $15 to $20 off normal price each. I am hoping for some good SSD deals this year.

^ Lol boiler looked at your ava. for a while and finally realized it was that overpriced LFA XD It does look tight though, just not worth the cost.

Anyway, It's kinda of hard to say, I had the same question last year as i did my build on Black friday, ended up going local for all my parts in case DOA's or shipping issues. But Newegg did respond to me and they told me it really depends, but If I remember correctly, they said they do post the deals Prior to black friday. Also as for MIRs do not rely on them, Most companies do not even bother resending you the money, the only company I've actually received my MIR from is Cooler Master.

D

Deleted member 217926

Slickdeals.net is one of the most useful sites of it's kind.. Black Friday deals will be posted there early.

G

I have heard alot of bad news about the MIRs. I wont worry about those. I dont live Near any sort of computer store at all. The nearest large city is 45 mins away and they dont even have a best buy so im assuming newegg is my best bet. I really dont look forward to getting a DOA item. I can always travel south 3 hours to Appleton, wisconsin or Greenbay wisconsin. What stores are good to order stuff from for a custom computer?

D

Deleted member 217926

Newegg and TigerDirect on the net, Fry's or a Microcenter if you live near them.

Edit: as long as you COMPLETELY follow the rebate instructions I always seem to get them......might take a while but they come eventually.

^ Lies XD or it depends on the company. Cooler Master really does honor them, they just say FINE PRINT PEOPLE 1-2 months haha, but it did come for me after 2 months, so accurate. OCZ... Whewwww I hear such bad things about there rebating system. I hear they don't even try. haha

That part isn't even fine print. Usually it says expect it to take 6-10 weeks. I don't mind filing them, I just hate the stupid Gift Cards as opposed to a check (aren't those easier?) Granted, some companies don't honor MIRs well or at all.

True it's not in the fine print. But The reason i consider it to be the find print. Some people don't even read the MIR, all they do is read the for to fill out "Name, address, product, etc. etc." And they end up expecting their MIR after a week or so.