Can toshibas a505-s617 cpu be upgraded

Douglass

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011

It's been a year sence I bought the computer so I thought that a faster prossor would have come down to an afordable price now and I could just pop it in if I could find a compatable one. The processor I have now is an intel i5 m430 that runs at 2.27 ghz. My speccy program tells me that its the 1156 lga socket. When I look it up on intels web soight the m430 is listed as going in the bga 1288 sockit. It dosn't make sence that a company would make a mother board that couldn't be upgraded with out loosing a substantual amout of customers so I gues the question that I'm trying to figure out is why natural concequences only aply to me and never any one else?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Upgrading notebook computers is always limited, especially anything connected to (processor) or integrated onto the motherboard (video). While, in theory, you could upgrade the CPU itself, whatever you put in would have to be supported by the power and heat profile of the original system. Exceeding either could damage or destroy the entire system.

People can and do (and sometimes fail) upgrade notebooks. If you proceed, be careful.

Have fun!