Motherboard or memory issue possible CPU

AndyG61

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Hello,
I have a Intel D865GVHZ mb, with Pentium 4 3.2G, 2G of Crucial matched pc3200 memory. Just had something strange happen...my processor has always wanted to run a little hot for some reason, and I was running SiSoft Sandra benchmark on memory, I started to get a beeping sound, which I took to be overheating. I stopped the program and proceeded to browse the net etc, with no problems, then I shut down and went to bed. Next morning the PC goes to the Intel startup screen, list processor and when it gets to memory it stops and goes no further, I tried rebooting a couple times, to no avail. Turned off the PS and let it sit a bit, then it booted, but showed, "memory timing error." It ran ok all yesterday, then this morning, it didn't want to boot again, but on the second try it went through. There is evidently a problem, but I don't know where to start as to find what, why and can it be fixed, replaced etc....

Maybe when you were benchmarking the memory something got changed in the bios , I would look in the bios to see if the memory setting says auto or something different. You could also do a bios reset ,and if you do any of that and get no succes there then if you have two sticks of ram try just using one , then the other to see which one is damaged or if both are. I know of someone who had gotten two video cards that were used and working but put them through a stress test and one of them failed so even though you were using this ram putting extra stress sometimes will cause something to fail.

AndyG61

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Actually, my BIOS looks different, I wonder if it reset it? It had automatic settings for memory, like normal, fast, ultra. Ultra would never work, but now that choice isn't even available.