Macbook pro SSD replacement Crucial or corsair

igotsnomoney

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
So after i dished a ridiculous amount of money on an intel 520 240gb, and installed it on my macbook Pro, i Found some compatibility issues. There are moments on the ssd locking up and it is not just me.

I know it works fine on windows, so i have finally decided that i was going to put the intel drive in my gaming computer, while i buy a new ssd for the mbp.

Question now is, which brand. After what happened with intel, i don't really trust custom controllers/firmwares (That knocks out Samsung, Intel, and OCZ vector). I Don't ever want to use Vertex drives again (i had a pair of vertex 2's in raid 0. the array failed, but funny thing was that BOTH drives failed at the same time). That leaves Corsair or Crucial as the last high end companies.

I own tons of corsair products (K90 keyboard, xms 3, TX650M, m90 mouse), and they all look extremely well built. But i have also heard of a lot of good things from crucial especially with macbook pro compatibility/ and firmware support (They are the only brand that offers an non boot firmware upgrade tool for mac). Which one should i get?

blackmancer

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
I don't see why you should have compatibility issues. Macbooks runs Intel hardware on the inside now so its no different to your gaming PC. Have you contacted an Apple store to confirm? I wouldn't see any problems with any major SSD in your MacBook. If you want to get a Corsair drive, get the Nuetron GTX.

TRENDING THREADS