Sign in with
Your question

Non glide mouse mat ??

Last response: in Components
January 12, 2011 2:29:00 PM

hope this is the right section...

I need to get mouse mat since my new mouse doesn't work properly on the table as the old one did...

I tried using cutting mat but the movement feels like its gliding... I dont feel like I have much control.

Will getting a soft fabric-rubber mat would give it a bit more resistance for low sensitivity movement?

Any recommendations for a mouse mats? like Razer Goliathus or any other....

Thanks

More about : glide mouse mat

January 12, 2011 2:39:26 PM

Roccat Sense and Razer Goliathus are pretty much the same type of stuff. I have heard that the Razer one is pretty awesome when it comes to the cheaper segment of mouse mats. I also know that Roccat is new to this and the Sense is awesome looking. But it is a bit thin if you do like thin mats, then you can go for it.

Rubber always provides more resistance to smoother surfaces as the bottom is rough which means high friction!
January 12, 2011 2:42:06 PM

I mean resistance between the mouse and the mat... I think the Goliathus control edition is the way to go with the heavily textured surface...
Related resources
January 12, 2011 2:43:48 PM

Yes. Get the Fragged edition if its available. You can do some rounds in Google to check for reviews. There are very few out there, but you may find some which are useful.

EDIT: But the kind of situation you are mentioning, i think the Razer Megasoma would be better.
January 12, 2011 3:14:00 PM

I am not sure I can spend £40 on megasoma... Wanted to visit a store in london but their out of stock with Goliathus so will have to look for a different one...
January 24, 2011 7:30:37 PM

I have very bad luck with mice...

I got deathadder respawn and just received goliathus control edition and there is a massive liftoff problem... the mat is fine with other mats like Rat 7 but the new razer respawn deathadder sensor has a massive range.

I dont know what to do now... sent an email to razer but I dont think much is gonna be improved.
January 24, 2011 8:10:30 PM

mspisz said:
hope this is the right section...

I need to get mouse mat since my new mouse doesn't work properly on the table as the old one did...

I tried using cutting mat but the movement feels like its gliding... I dont feel like I have much control.

Will getting a soft fabric-rubber mat would give it a bit more resistance for low sensitivity movement?

Any recommendations for a mouse mats? like Razer Goliathus or any other....

Thanks

Look at the Steel Series and Razer lines of gaming mice pads with different textures and surfaces. I personally would recommend the Steel Series pads :D 
January 24, 2011 8:30:36 PM

well to be honest I would love to try them out but I have nowhere to try them out.... I am gonna visit a local store they had some gaming mice there I think qpads... or something like that... see how it goes then.
January 25, 2011 3:36:22 AM

mspisz said:
well to be honest I would love to try them out but I have nowhere to try them out.... I am gonna visit a local store they had some gaming mice there I think qpads... or something like that... see how it goes then.

Look into them at Microcenter or newegg :D 
January 31, 2011 5:38:56 PM

I tested deathadder on different surfaces now and different mouse mats and to be honest Razer failed with the new model of Deadadder 3500... the lift off too big. I been in contact with the support but they are so useless thinking I am an idiot asking me whether I got my firmware up to date and telling me to reinstall stuff...

I dont understand how could they missed such a crucial thing like the lift off in this model?
February 1, 2011 1:08:23 AM

I have a Deathadder 3500 and used it with a Steelseries Qck and it was fine.
That being said i also noticed liftoff even with my Deathadder 3500.
Currently using a hard surface pad and performance has improved.
I wasn't going to mention the name( Func 1030) since i doubt you'll source one in the U.K.
February 3, 2011 1:45:59 AM

I was lurking around the net about mouse lift offs and found few posts on different forums of people sticking tape on to the prism next to the sensor where the light comes out from (led light?)

Did the same thing... covered little bit of it and it helped a little but still the lift off was too great...

so out of curiosity I took some Magic tape and just covered the whole sensor (as on the image) and IT HELPED! the lift of disapeard... its very minimal to 1...2mm MAX

Soooo if you got lift off problems with your mouse and you dont want to spend money on new mice... buy some magic tape and cover the sensor...

February 5, 2011 5:01:54 AM

mspisz said:
I was lurking around the net about mouse lift offs and found few posts on different forums of people sticking tape on to the prism next to the sensor where the light comes out from (led light?)

Did the same thing... covered little bit of it and it helped a little but still the lift off was too great...

so out of curiosity I took some Magic tape and just covered the whole sensor (as on the image) and IT HELPED! the lift of disapeard... its very minimal to 1...2mm MAX

Soooo if you got lift off problems with your mouse and you dont want to spend money on new mice... buy some magic tape and cover the sensor...

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5019/p1020915f.jpg

Nice mspisz!
Good stuff i think i'll give that a whirl!:) 
!