IBM thinkpad problem

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
January 12, 2005 9:06:42 AM

Firstly, Happy New Year~!

secondly, this *&$"!$ laptop! I can't turn it off, on screen is
'windows is shutting down' but it doesn't. I was using AVG to create
some rescue disks, and it froze, I thought that maybe I should re-start
with the 'separate floppy drive' pugged in,as it hasn't been used for a
long time, but it left me here.
Any Ideas?
Please only use 'computer muppet' terminology.

t.

More about : ibm thinkpad problem

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 12, 2005 10:41:22 AM

tennentssuppa wrote:
> Firstly, Happy New Year~!
>
> secondly, this *&$"!$ laptop! I can't turn it off, on screen is
> 'windows is shutting down' but it doesn't. I was using AVG to create
> some rescue disks, and it froze, I thought that maybe I should
> re-start with the 'separate floppy drive' pugged in,as it hasn't been
> used for a long time, but it left me here.
> Any Ideas?
> Please only use 'computer muppet' terminology.
>
> t.

Hold the power key down until the laptop powers off. Reboot, go to
Control Panel, Administrative Tools control panel, Event Viewer, review
the log entries for errors at or near the time of the shutdown problem.

January 12, 2005 6:11:16 PM

Sometimes my thinkpad just freezes (typically after I did something
involving USB drivers). Forget the power button... pull the plug,
remove the battery, restart, and then check the logs like the other guy
said.
!