Sign in with
Your question

Cisco Router, config IGRP

Last response: in Networking
May 8, 2010 8:33:42 PM

Hi, could anyone here give me some advice how to configure Dynamic Routing, IGRP in Cisco Router.

i've done configurations in my both cisco router n now im trying to put IGRP protocol in router, please see below.

RouterB#config t
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
RouterB(config)#no router rip
RouterB(config)#router igrp 100

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker. the invalid imput marker right below g. i try repeat but its stay the same. please any help much appreciated.

thanks
May 9, 2010 12:22:13 AM

Where is the "^" mark popping up?

What model of router are you trying to configure?

Also, what IOS version are you running?
May 9, 2010 6:46:45 PM

babaj said:
Hi, could anyone here give me some advice how to configure Dynamic Routing, IGRP in Cisco Router.

i've done configurations in my both cisco router n now im trying to put IGRP protocol in router, please see below.

RouterB#config t
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
RouterB(config)#no router rip
RouterB(config)#router igrp 100

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker. the invalid imput marker right below g. i try repeat but its stay the same. please any help much appreciated.

thanks

Are you trying to configure IGRP, or EIGRP. IGRP for the most part is no longer used, as Cisco at least have transitioned to to EIGRP. Also, you need IOS Version 12.0 or better for IGRP.

Step Command Purpose

1 router igrp <autonomous-system> Enable an IGRP routing process, which places you in router configuration mode.

2 network <network-number> Associate networks with an IGRP routing process.
!