buy in miami (no online store)

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
January 9, 2005 5:16:04 AM

Hello friends
A friend will buy me a digital camera, panasonic (fz15 or fz20) in miami,
florida. Nevertheless, he could not have found her in shops. It has searched
in circuit city, best buy and Walmart, and only has found fz20 in circuit
city, to 599 dollars, which seems to me to be a bit expensive. Someone can
in what shops find these cameras to a good price, especially fz15, that is
about 500 dollars. The on line buying option is rejected: my friend is
fearful and does not give number of credit card to anybody.

Thanks, regards from Chile, sudamérica. Forgive for my English level.

More about : buy miami online store

Anonymous
January 9, 2005 5:45:39 AM

Leandro wrote:
> Hello friends
> A friend will buy me a digital camera, panasonic (fz15 or fz20) in miami,
> florida. Nevertheless, he could not have found her in shops. It has searched
> in circuit city, best buy and Walmart, and only has found fz20 in circuit
> city, to 599 dollars, which seems to me to be a bit expensive. Someone can
> in what shops find these cameras to a good price, especially fz15, that is
> about 500 dollars. The on line buying option is rejected: my friend is
> fearful and does not give number of credit card to anybody.
>
> Thanks, regards from Chile, sudamérica. Forgive for my English level.

Your English is more that adequate. $599 doesn't seem too high for the
FZ20. I am not sure how your friend uses a credit card without giving
it to anyone... It looks like a very good camera. I hope your friend
finds one, and that you enjoy it.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous

Leandro wrote:
>> Hello friends
>> A friend will buy me a digital camera, panasonic (fz15 or fz20) in
>> miami, florida. Nevertheless, he could not have found her in shops.
>> It has searched in circuit city, best buy and Walmart, and only has
>> found fz20 in circuit city, to 599 dollars, which seems to me to be
>> a bit expensive. Someone can in what shops find these cameras to a
>> good price, especially fz15, that is about 500 dollars. The on line
>> buying option is rejected: my friend is fearful and does not give
>> number of credit card to anybody.
>>
>> Thanks, regards from Chile, sudamérica. Forgive for my English level.

$500 US is a good mail-order price.

I am not familiar with the large electronics stores found in the Miami area
but Circuit City has many. The DMC-FZ20 camera sells for $599 in Circuit
City and is available in the West Dade, Hialeah, and Dadeland locations.

You can normally get better prices at Best Buy or Staples but neither store
appears to carry Panasonic cameras. Perhaps someone who lives in the area
will respond with an appropriate store you can visit other then Circuit
City.

Kevin
Related resources
January 9, 2005 3:20:13 PM

Ron and kahout
if i buy the Panasonic fz20 online in circuit city, the price is $50 less,
and in the store, the valid price is 599. My friend hate the online buying,
'cause of the hackers (i don't understand....). In another online stores,
the price is more less than 599, but he can't found the camera in a "real"
store...i think that the fz15 price is aprox. $500

thanks

"Ron Hunter" <rphunter@charter.net> escribió en el mensaje
> Leandro wrote:
> > Hello friends
> > A friend will buy me a digital camera, panasonic (fz15 or fz20) in
miami,
> > florida. Nevertheless, he could not have found her in shops. It has
searched
> > in circuit city, best buy and Walmart, and only has found fz20 in
circuit
> > city, to 599 dollars, which seems to me to be a bit expensive. Someone
can
> > in what shops find these cameras to a good price, especially fz15, that
is
> > about 500 dollars. The on line buying option is rejected: my friend is
> > fearful and does not give number of credit card to anybody.
> >
> > Thanks, regards from Chile, sudamérica. Forgive for my English level.
> >

> Your English is more that adequate. $599 doesn't seem too high for the
> FZ20. I am not sure how your friend uses a credit card without giving
> it to anyone... It looks like a very good camera. I hope your friend
> finds one, and that you enjoy it.
>

> --
> Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 3:20:14 PM

Leandro wrote:
>> Ron and kahout
>> if i buy the Panasonic fz20 online in circuit city, the price is $50
>> less, and in the store, the valid price is 599. My friend hate the
>> online buying, 'cause of the hackers (i don't understand....). In
>> another online stores, the price is more less than 599, but he can't
>> found the camera in a "real" store...i think that the fz15 price is
>> aprox. $500
>>

>> thanks

If you buy from a reputable dealer the online credit card purchase is no
less secure then handing a card to a store clerk. You can save a lot by
ordering online. For example, B & H photo is generally highly regarded. B
& H has the FZ20 for $499.95 plus shipping:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Shipping to Chile would cost you $50-$75. Shipping to a friend in Miami
would cost you much less. Online shopping normally saves you any sales tax
as well.

Adorama is also selling the camera for $499.95: http://www.adorama.com/

Many of these dealers will take you order by phone with a credit card. If
possible you may want to get your own credit card, secured credit card, or
ATM card to make a purchase. You may want to call these NYC shops I listed
and see if they will take some other form of payment.

Kevin
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 5:07:42 PM

AT wrote:
> ritz or wolf camera?
>
> dadeland, or 107th ave, or aventura mall.
>
> best
> at
>

> "kahout" <kevinh!delete!@tellurian.com> wrote in message
> in
> shops.
> has
> be
> line

> level.
> >
> > $500 US is a good mail-order price.
> >
> > I am not familiar with the large electronics stores found in the
> Miami area
> > but Circuit City has many. The DMC-FZ20 camera sells for $599 in
> Circuit
> > City and is available in the West Dade, Hialeah, and Dadeland
> locations.
> >
> > You can normally get better prices at Best Buy or Staples but
> neither store
> > appears to carry Panasonic cameras. Perhaps someone who lives in
> the area
> > will respond with an appropriate store you can visit other then
> Circuit
> > City.
> >
> > Kevin

Have your friend check Sears. They actually have an impressive camera
selection with top brands and good deals. Good luck. Sounds like you're
about to get a really awesome camera!

happy new year!
January 9, 2005 7:04:14 PM

ritz or wolf camera?

dadeland, or 107th ave, or aventura mall.

best
at

"kahout" <kevinh!delete!@tellurian.com> wrote in message
> Leandro wrote:
> >> Hello friends
> >> A friend will buy me a digital camera, panasonic (fz15 or fz20)
in
> >> miami, florida. Nevertheless, he could not have found her in
shops.
> >> It has searched in circuit city, best buy and Walmart, and only
has
> >> found fz20 in circuit city, to 599 dollars, which seems to me to
be
> >> a bit expensive. Someone can in what shops find these cameras to
> >> good price, especially fz15, that is about 500 dollars. The on
line
> >> buying option is rejected: my friend is fearful and does not give
> >> number of credit card to anybody.
> >>
> >> Thanks, regards from Chile, sudamérica. Forgive for my English
level.

> $500 US is a good mail-order price.
>
> I am not familiar with the large electronics stores found in the
Miami area
> but Circuit City has many. The DMC-FZ20 camera sells for $599 in
Circuit
> City and is available in the West Dade, Hialeah, and Dadeland
locations.

> You can normally get better prices at Best Buy or Staples but
neither store
> appears to carry Panasonic cameras. Perhaps someone who lives in
the area
> will respond with an appropriate store you can visit other then
Circuit
> City.
>
> Kevin

Anonymous
January 9, 2005 10:07:41 PM

<For example, B & H photo is generally highly regarded.>

Thank you.
- --

regards,
Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video
http://www.bhphotovideo.com
henryp@bhphotovideo.com
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 9:07:36 PM

Leandro wrote:

> Thanks, regards from Chile, sudamérica. Forgive for my English level.

$600 is not a lot for a regular store. The FZ20 (silver) sells for $469
from the least expensive highly reputable on-line dealer. You generally
pay 25-30% more when you buy in a store. Since Panasonic cameras are not
widely sold, there isn't a lot of competition. The FZ15 sells for $366.
Both are big improvements over the FZ10.
!