XP annd USB ethernet adapter...

September 14, 2005 1:49:34 AM

Hello,

I have an USB ethernet adapter on my machine.

On a W2k, even if your machine was not on the network, the USB Ethernet was
"alive" !
On XP, it seems that it can recognize if the PC is connectedon the network
or not . If not, the USB Ethernet adapter will be desactivated....

- Do you know how to remove this "feature" ?
I need my USB Ethernet adapter still alive on the PC
(It seems that there is a possibility to act on the registry.... do you know
what to do ? and where....

Ta.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 2:23:58 AM

XP can control each USB port. You need to locate the correspond USB port
and uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in
Device Manager.

news:D g7e1m$hm6$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk...

!