How Do I delete everything except for OS and Microsoft Office?

ClockWork1236

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I'm looking for a way to clear my hard drive (Toshiba MK2555GSX if it helps) of everything, like a factory reset. All I need to keep is the OS (Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit) and my Microsoft Office apps. These apps did not come pre-installed on my laptop, and I do want to keep them.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
If your computer came with a factory reset partition, you should be able to reset through a startup option. When the computer boots, you press 0 or something (depends on the computer), and it will give you a menu that allows you to factory reset.

If I understand correctly, you want to keep MS Office so that you'll be able to install it a third time on a new computer while keeping it on the laptop. If so, what I suggested is the solution that will work for you. It's time consuming and a bit risky, but you can always restore from the complete backup if something goes wrong (it could happen if you decide to clean up the registry and you make a mistake).

ClockWork1236

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
If I understand correctly, you want to keep MS Office so that you'll be able to install it a third time on a new computer while keeping it on the laptop.

This is exactly what I want to do. The reason I don't want to go through and delete everything one at a time is because my laptop has been acting a bit... weird, I guess, lately, and instead of trying to find the problem, I thought it would be easier to just do a factory reset. Their is nothing on the hard drive that I paid for, or that is worth keeping, except MS Office.

Would I be able to save MS Office to a flash drive (probably multiple flash drives), do the factory reset, and re-install MS Office without it counting as the third install?

TRENDING THREADS