New Hard Drive and Old MSOffice Help Me :(

RainStark

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Hey there, hope this is the right place to ask :)

Basically the hard drive in my laptop broke so I replaced it. I have windows running again and all is fine but my Microsoft Office 2010 is out of licenses. How do I go about removing it from the broke HDD and using it for my new one?

I have read that I can contract Microsoft and they will help but I dont know how. What number do they contact and what info do they need?

My MSOffice was 3 uses and don't want them to disable the 2 on my other computers, only the one on my broken HDD. Thanks! :hello:

RainStark

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
But I never got the chance to uninstall it from my old hard drive before it broke, would it count as still being there? I dont want to risk deactivating the other 2 because they are on computers that arent mine :??:

RainStark

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Thanks for...posting the same link...

I know it shows how to do a phone activation there but my question is since I never got a chance to uninstall MSOffice from my broken HDD (assuming uninstalling it gives back the liscense) wont it still be taken?

How do I actually get the liscense back from that HDD without uninstalling it and without affecting the other 2 computers using the same key?