Sign in with
Your question

New Hard Drive and Old MSOffice Help Me :(

Last response: in Storage
January 27, 2013 12:28:45 AM

Hey there, hope this is the right place to ask :) 

Basically the hard drive in my laptop broke so I replaced it. I have windows running again and all is fine but my Microsoft Office 2010 is out of licenses. How do I go about removing it from the broke HDD and using it for my new one?

I have read that I can contract Microsoft and they will help but I dont know how. What number do they contact and what info do they need?

My MSOffice was 3 uses and don't want them to disable the 2 on my other computers, only the one on my broken HDD. Thanks! :hello: 

More about : hard drive msoffice

January 27, 2013 12:41:51 AM

Thanks for the link but can someone tell me what kind of information they will need to remove the old license from that specific hard drive and let me use it again? :o 
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a c 157 G Storage
January 27, 2013 12:45:12 AM

Use the automated phone activation on the computer and give it the number of computers it's CURRENTLY installed on and it SHOULD activate.
January 27, 2013 1:32:43 AM

But I never got the chance to uninstall it from my old hard drive before it broke, would it count as still being there? I dont want to risk deactivating the other 2 because they are on computers that arent mine :??: 
January 27, 2013 3:28:06 AM

Thanks for...posting the same link...

I know it shows how to do a phone activation there but my question is since I never got a chance to uninstall MSOffice from my broken HDD (assuming uninstalling it gives back the liscense) wont it still be taken?

How do I actually get the liscense back from that HDD without uninstalling it and without affecting the other 2 computers using the same key?
a b D Laptop
a c 157 G Storage
January 27, 2013 3:38:52 AM

If there is 3 allowed activations,tell the automated line it's installed on 2 presently.Should activate.
!