Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Keyboard flickering on and off, please help!

Tags:
  • Wireless
  • Keyboards
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 12, 2011 11:55:21 PM

Hey guys, I have a problem and always come to this forum, however nothing I could find was helpful so I decided to ask.

I recently purchased a new wireless PCI adapter, which has been very good so far, however, after installing it my keyboard, every 2 minutes or so, will quickly flicker on and off, which causes loss of control in a game, or as I type in this forum, it makes it very difficult.

I have removed the Wireless card and the keyboard stopped flickering, so it is probably a conflict of some kind, I was wondering if there was any way to resolve this other than purchase a new wireless/keyboard, since they were both upwards of $80, and don't think the PSU is an issue, as it is 1000w and has no trouble with anything, and it's ONLY the keyboard, no other USB components.

I have installed all the newest drivers and changed the power cord on the keyboard with no avail.
Thanks in advance!

Specs of system:
12gb Corsair Dominator 1600mhz RAM
Intel i7 960 @ 3.20GHz
Nvidia GTX 580
Windows 7 64 bit.

More about : keyboard flickering

a b F Wireless
January 13, 2011 12:41:14 AM

they work on same frequency try to change the wireless card channel and see if conflict is back
m
l
January 13, 2011 1:38:33 AM

Thanks, how do I go about doing that?
m
l
Related resources
January 13, 2011 5:28:48 AM

I changed to several channels, it is still flickering on and off. Please help.

EDIT: It is a wired keyboard.
m
l
a b F Wireless
January 14, 2011 6:54:11 AM

there is short connection in your computer ,could be the key or the keyboard that touching the back plate on the motherboars
m
l