inteldual

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Hello,
I got a Seagate 3TB. I have 3 partitions on it which 2 of them on disk (0) and the other partition on disk (1) . My problem is I want to merge the partition from disk (1) to one of the partition from disk (0). I can't find the ways to do it so please help me. Thanks.

If they are on as second disk, merging them takes a bit more. You would need something like RAID level JBOD.

Are If they are all on the same disk(I just want to be sure.), you can use something like Partition Master from EaseUS to merge them. Best of all, Its FREE.

http://www.partition-tool.com/

EDIT. and NEVER merge the System Reserved partition with others please.

inteldual

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Thanks for your help. All of these partitions are on one HDD. Thing is when I open the disk management of window 7 I see that 2 of my partitions on one disk and the other on another disk. So is there any ways to move the one on the disk to the 2 other partitions?

If windows shows more then one disk it is not on the same drive.

As an example look at this image, each row is a drive(Disk 0 1 and 2). I can not merge D or E drive with c drive, but C drive had un-used space I can use to make the partition bigger or even add another partition or partitions to the drive.
multidrive.gif

Logical when creating a partition is not and issue.

The EaseUS software is supposed to be able to merge without loosing data, but I have not personally used that feature.

Logical partitions can not be used to boot an OS, but are perfectly fine for data storage. I think that is the way everyone did it under XP(I did. Primary for windows extended with logical for files).

It is always a good idea to back up data before any kind of disk partition changes anyway.