Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Connect a third monitori into my pc

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 1, 2010 5:47:20 AM

I have a ATI readeon 5800 series graphics card, Windows 7, and trhe monitor.
First monitor i connected through dvi cable.
Second monitor i connected through vga cable.

And i tried to connect third monitor through hdmi/dvi cable(http://www.jdr.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=CBL-HDMI-DV...)

And windows keep saing the error "unable to save display settings." http://gen.cubik.ee/displayError.jpg
And i tried this fix http://www.techmowgli.com/viewsearchresult.aspx?sid=588 but i dont have any TMM or MobilePC entries on regedit.

What i must do

More about : connect monitori

September 2, 2010 12:32:06 AM

Which card is it?
I think that for most 5000 series cards, you need to use the DisplayPort to connect to one of the monitors. You can get a displayport to vga adapter for about $30.
For me, my card has 2xDVI, 1 HDMI, and 1 Displayport - I used the 2 DVI and an adapter to go from Displayport to VGA.
September 2, 2010 5:31:00 AM

ok, now i reconfigured my monitor, i discovered my montor have HDMI inputs.
Now i connected my main monitor through hdmi and scondar monitor through DVI
and i have one free DVI and i used this to connect third monitor, but still the same error.
I dont think so that proble is on monitors or cables.
Related resources
September 2, 2010 5:44:35 AM

genTaliaru said:
ok, now i reconfigured my monitor, i discovered my montor have HDMI inputs.
Now i connected my main monitor through hdmi and scondar monitor through DVI
and i have one free DVI and i used this to connect third monitor, but still the same error.
I dont think so that proble is on monitors or cables.


Instead of Windows, try using ATI Catalyst Control Center (make sure your Catalyst drivers are up-to-date) to make your changes. I would also avoid that HDMI/DVI cable, I have used one before and it can act funny depending on your graphics card/monitor.
September 2, 2010 7:00:10 AM

tied ACC, but but no use.
But is the ati card supports 3 monitors at once
September 2, 2010 7:07:40 AM

genTaliaru said:
I have a ATI readeon 5800 series graphics card, Windows 7, and trhe monitor.
First monitor i connected through dvi cable.
Second monitor i connected through vga cable.

And i tried to connect third monitor through hdmi/dvi cable(http://www.jdr.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=CBL-HDMI-DV...)

And windows keep saing the error "unable to save display settings." http://gen.cubik.ee/displayError.jpg
And i tried this fix http://www.techmowgli.com/viewsearchresult.aspx?sid=588 but i dont have any TMM or MobilePC entries on regedit.

What i must do


You cannot connect 3 monitors on Eyefinity without atleast one of them being a Display-port connection. If you monitor doesn't support display-port there are some adapters out there for display-port ~ dvi that you can buy.
September 2, 2010 7:23:10 AM

decode said:
You cannot connect 3 monitors on Eyefinity without atleast one of them being a Display-port connection. If you monitor doesn't support display-port there are some adapters out there for display-port ~ dvi that you can buy.


Can you whow me on google what is a display-port connection adapter
September 2, 2010 7:27:03 AM

Although I know nothing about this company the displayport adapter seem's to be what I had in mind

Here's the newegg link for a displayport-dvi adapter
September 2, 2010 8:55:31 AM

ok, thanks
a b C Monitor
September 2, 2010 9:02:39 AM

No that won't work decode. Just look at the review.

Quote:

Pros: It works for what it was designed for.

Cons: Well if your planning on using this with a 5xxx series ATI Card, It will not work to get you to use your 3rd monitor. It's not a powered one, thus the card can't handle it. Check out dell's DP2DVI Converter, however it'll set you back about 100 bucks.


As far as I know you need one of those expensive active adpaters.

I could be totally wrong, but thats what I've seen....
September 2, 2010 8:30:48 PM

If one of your monitors supports VGA, you can always use a VGA>Displayport Adapter. I've tried it and it works fine.
!