Sign in with
Your question

Drivers update?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 1, 2010 5:57:38 AM

Ok I just orded my GTX 460 and I know I am going to need to update my drivers when I get it *its gigibite version* what are the best ways to go about doing this.

Should I even use the CD install driver? Or go to the website? :bounce: 

More about : drivers update

a c 153 U Graphics card
September 1, 2010 6:09:23 AM

Just use the drivers from Nvidias website.
Make sure you clean out any old display drivers with Driver Sweeper from 3D Guru before hand.
m
l
September 1, 2010 7:17:11 AM

Helltech said:
Just use the drivers from Nvidias website.
Make sure you clean out any old display drivers with Driver Sweeper from 3D Guru before hand.

So download download driver sweeper *its free right?* and run it. Then download the newest driver from nivida's site. AND do not use the CD right???
m
l
Related resources
a c 153 U Graphics card
September 1, 2010 7:54:16 AM

Correct. Driver sweeper is free. Uninstall your display drivers from the control panel. Run Driver Sweeper and delete the rest of your display drivers. Boot in safe mode and delete them again to make sure they are all gone.

Then download and install the latest drivers from Nvidia's website.
m
l
a c 169 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
September 1, 2010 10:53:44 AM

+1^
Always download the latest drivers from Nvidia's site because the manufactures don't update their driver section as often as Nvidia.
However there is no need ton use driver sweeper twice, after you uninstalled your drivers from control panel, boot to safe mode and use driver sweeper to clean whats left.
m
l
!