Votes: 1 4.2%
  • MSI Z68A-GD80 Gen. £

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Flap

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Hi guys,
if a lot of you spend one minute answering to this poll, probably it would be a nice thread where ppl can choose which Z68 motherboard to pick.

I wish i could have more mobos in this poll, but 10 is the maximum!

So go on and answer! :bounce:

Flap

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
This poll seems going quite slow but non so bad after all...Take your part and say what you prefer in order to make others understand what's better! :D :pt1cable:

The ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO or Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD5 or GA-P67A-UD7-B3 are the best choices for OC, especially OC'ing >4.5GHz, and SLI performance and in that order for value.

The P67/Z68 MOBO's with PCIe 3.0 is a joke and only used to lure buyers. Where PCIe 3.0 offers value is when the ALL the Chipset's bandwidth gets doubled to avoid current 'shared bottlenecks'. -- the discussion of PCIe 3.0 for GPU is all over this forum.

Flap

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

What you told about the pcie 3.0 is absolutely true.
But the choice made for Asrock gen 3, as i did, is explainable in a different way. Asrock in the z68 chipset showed to be one of the best producers. And what experience has shown is the gen 3 of the extreme4 has fewer problems than the B3. That would be a good reason to choose the newer one, since the only 20$ of difference.

But every buyer has to know this should be the reason to get the gen 3, and not some fantomatic advantage that now doesn't exist and won't be true at least for one-two years.

About the overclock, as you said they are superior, but the difference shown is so slight that i wouldn't even consider it a criterion to make a choice.

said this, everybody is free to make their choice...I'm only sorry that it's possible to make only 10 choices.

I'm not advocating the ASRock.

No, FIRST the PCIe x16 needs to be saturated currently the PCIe x8 really isn't by all but a very few GPUs.

OC'ing, I'd be out of my mind to look at ANY (1) Review or Reviewer to KNOW anything for fact. IF your plans are Stock to 4.50GHz then it's a lesser issue. Again, none of my builds or builds I do for others includes any ASRock. I realize ASUS owns ASRock, but it's a stripped-down cheaper version of its' comparable ASUS big brothers.

Sure I see people assuming and doing all sorts of oddball things and making poor 'cheap' choices -- penny wise dollar foolish. Example, I like Tom's but the ONLY reason toy see the builds you do are because of 1. Sponsors and 2. Benchmark {Quantity vs Quality}. I know many of the folks that write the Articles and what they OWN is radically different than the Articles they write. While I like the ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO I would build. assuming ASUS, the P8P67 WS Revolution 3-WAY SLI + PhysX or ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z.

Edit:

I remember the GA-X58A-UD3R Tom's Pick and then I remember returning ALL 10 after the SSD bug was discovered! After replacing all my office PC with the ASUS P6X58D-E (0) ZERO issues; oddly I wanted the P6X58D-E then I had the misfortune of reading that article. Ever since I have to see: 1. Overlapping Reviews, 2. Problems by others, 3. User feedback in forums from knowledgeable and unpaid approvals.