Sign in with
Your question

Basic office pc-what do i need?

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
October 18, 2010 10:30:38 PM

need to build a basic office PC for school. I need, a CPU, Motherboard, Memory, Hard drive, Power Supply, Case, Video Card, Monitor. what type of components will I need? And what do they cost?

More about : basic office

October 18, 2010 11:00:35 PM

I think this is an understatement but..

Not enough info
m
l
October 18, 2010 11:04:03 PM

Check out the stickies above and you will see basic office builds for AMD and Intel. This will give you some information to start your search with.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
October 18, 2010 11:58:24 PM

Quote:
need to build a basic office PC for school. I need, a CPU, Motherboard, Memory, Hard drive, Power Supply, Case, Video Card, Monitor. what type of components will I need? And what do they cost?

m
l
October 19, 2010 8:56:55 PM

You will need a case, power supply, cpu, ram, motherboard, monitor, operating system, office, desk, mouse, keyboard, electricity, hard drive, cd-rom, I like to have a chair.

initial cost will be about $1500 and will be about $15/month
m
l
October 19, 2010 9:12:16 PM

For basic office use, the cheapest machine available today will do just fine. You can buy a preconfigured machine from Dell or any of the big retailers for less money than you can build one yourself.

Not that there aren't advantages to building one yourself and I always do, but it will cost more.

I would say you could look up the more recent Toms builds for their budget gaming machine and build something like that. It will handle all of your office tasks and if you want to game with it, it will do that too.
m
l
!