Wd 1tb green internal makes clicking noise whenever i access it

sumitd

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hello, whenever i access my hard drive and then stop accessing it, it makes a small click, though it is running good in every aspect

Solution
I've experienced that same behavior with a new velicoraptor drive before and I was told to immediately RMA the drive. Ten days later I was sent s new one and it was as silent as you'd expect a new HDD to be. I was told that when you hear a clicking noise like that it's not unlike a faulty DVD player when the belt for the laser skips on its teeth. Personally, I would RMA it before you lose any data that you might have on it that can't be retrieved.

ajinpa

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
I've experienced that same behavior with a new velicoraptor drive before and I was told to immediately RMA the drive. Ten days later I was sent s new one and it was as silent as you'd expect a new HDD to be. I was told that when you hear a clicking noise like that it's not unlike a faulty DVD player when the belt for the laser skips on its teeth. Personally, I would RMA it before you lose any data that you might have on it that can't be retrieved.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS