Hello, I am looking to build a gaming PC and need some help. I went to this website http://www.ibuypower.com/ and built my own. Could anyone tell me if this is a decent enough computer for optimal gaming? I intend to put games, design/animation software, and video editing software on it.
If you don't think this is a good setup, could you build it for me? I am very new to this sort of thing and don't have too much knowledge on it. If that is too much however, then post some other sites for me to check out. Maybe some places to buy cheap parts and whatnot. Anything will be appreciated....
Here are my preferences.
-$2000 or less
-Intel processors. (I was thinking i7 950)
1) The ram you chose is slower because of looser timing.
2) the hdd is significantly slower than the spinpoint f3, and it cost more...
3) why do you need the rampage 2 mobo instead? its a waste of $110 for you.
4) the gpu you bought isnt for gaming and you wont get good performance at all with it.
5) this is a better 40gb ssd: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
6) the case you choose seems very small and looks like it has poor circulation issues because it only has 2x120mm fans.
7) get a full hd monitor: 1920x1080, you'll be much happier you did: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
8) keep the psu i recommended, its the same price but 150 more watts so in the future if you decide to sli your 480 you wont have to worry about your psu. And its a more reliable brand name.
ok i did a new setup, this time with some help from a friend. tell me what you think
Vulcan Gaming case
Western Digital Black Caviar Hard Drive
ASUS 19'' LCD monitor (i dont need it to be big, i dont have a lot of space for it)
ASUS wireless adapter
1 NVIDIA GTX 480 Sli ready graphics card
Corsair AX750 power supply
Scythe Kama media reader/writer
Corsair 6GB DDR3 1600
Intel i7 quad core processor
Windows 7 home premium
Corsair H50 cooling system
This sound better? anything im missing, or should change?
sorry if i seem kinda picky, this is just a big investment and ive never done anything like this before.
Thanks again for the help though