Different Screen Res for Each Account

Hi,
I have two accounts set up in WinXP. Each account user would like to use a
different screen resolution. Can XP be set so that as each user logs on, the
screen res changes to his preference. One book I have says you can't do it.
Another suggests that it can be done but doesn't say how. Can it? How?

Thanks,
Bill
1 answer Last reply
More about different screen account

    Bill

    Display settings and color depth applies to all users: [per-computer
    setting]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281565

    Workarounds:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/displayres.html
    http://www.download.com/XP-Keep-per-User-Display-Settings/3000-2347_4-10260437.html

    Other Tools/links posted earlier by Torgeir Bakken.
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sto41/en/My%20Tools/XPKeepPerUserDisplaySettings.htm
    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting/msg/423d3f435989d049

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have two accounts set up in WinXP. Each account user would like to use
    > different screen resolution. Can XP be set so that as each user logs on,
    > the
    > screen res changes to his preference. One book I have says you can't do
    > it.
    > Another suggests that it can be done but doesn't say how. Can it? How?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bill

Configuration Screen Resolution Windows XP