  • Configuration
  • Screen Resolution
  • Windows XP
September 13, 2005 11:39:03 PM

Hi,
I have two accounts set up in WinXP. Each account user would like to use a
different screen resolution. Can XP be set so that as each user logs on, the
screen res changes to his preference. One book I have says you can't do it.
Another suggests that it can be done but doesn't say how. Can it? How?

Thanks,
Bill

More about : screen res account

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 1:03:13 PM

Bill

Display settings and color depth applies to all users: [per-computer
setting]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281565

Workarounds:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/displayres.html
http://www.download.com/XP-Keep-per-User-Display-Settin...

Other Tools/links posted earlier by Torgeir Bakken.
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sto41/en/My%20Tools/XPKeepPerUs...
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows...

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP