blud7027

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
im having some error messages on windows 7. windows explorer is not working. then after a minute it would restart automatically. this is my first build. my specs.
phenom II x4 965be
biostar ta785g3hd
4 gig crusial bal. 1333
500 gig seagate
windows 7 64 oem
need your help asap.

Solution
It would be odd if your hardware build is causing IE to fail. So . . .

Go back and stress test the build by downloading and using Prime95 (with "Detect Rounding Errors" checked) and Furmark to stress it, and CPUID's Hardware Monitor to watch core and gpu temps. Assuming it passes . . .

Do a fresh OS install. Install the motherboard drivers provifed by the manufacturer on the CD. After that download the latest drivers if you are using a video card.

That should resolve the IE issue.

Once done, go back to the mobo manufacturer's web site and see if there are newer versions of the mobo drivers originally provided. If they fix issues you are concerned about, install them.

If the IE issues recur, you now know when they happened.
It would be odd if your hardware build is causing IE to fail. So . . .

Go back and stress test the build by downloading and using Prime95 (with "Detect Rounding Errors" checked) and Furmark to stress it, and CPUID's Hardware Monitor to watch core and gpu temps. Assuming it passes . . .

Do a fresh OS install. Install the motherboard drivers provifed by the manufacturer on the CD. After that download the latest drivers if you are using a video card.

That should resolve the IE issue.

Once done, go back to the mobo manufacturer's web site and see if there are newer versions of the mobo drivers originally provided. If they fix issues you are concerned about, install them.

If the IE issues recur, you now know when they happened.

Solution

blud7027

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
ok after couple days it would just shutdown and go to this blue screen then restart but after that sometimes it wouldnt boot windows. and then after i power the pc off and on it would work just fine.. need help please

blud7027

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
so i did the prime95 test lasted bout 1 and half hours no errors and installed the drivers from the m/b cd . still concern . maybe in a few days it will go back . i'll post something back if its doing the same thing . shutdown or restart or freezing.

I think it *could* have been driver related, whether what Windows installed or just a bad install.

But it could have been a hardware issue (least likely), a driver issue, a Windows install issue, or it could have been you needed the latest drivers from the website. That's why the sequence of steps.

keep your fingers crossed lol.