Whats the best game i can run on my pc

devilite

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
Specs:
Dual Core 2.8Ghz
2G Ram
Intel 4500x OnBoard GPU

ill be buying a dedicated graphic card soon, but for now whats the most advanced game i can run on a decent fps.
Cause i heard thats the 4500x is a pretty good card compared to other onboard gpu's.

Oh and btw, you think Sims 3 will run?

THX :D

Gee that's kinda tough. I'd say that you should be able to run the original halo game for PC, Doom3 on low settings, and perhaps the original FEAR game. I'm sure you can run the Sims 3, but I can't say if you will be happy with the performance.

devilite

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
weird, cause i can run sims 3 on my mini laptop wich has intel atom 1.6 ghz, and an oboard gpu gma 950, and 1G Ram.
it runs on like 8 fps on the lowest settings, but still, it runs.
so i suppose itll run a lot better on the computer...
atleast like 30 fps on lowish medium settings :S

infernox_01

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
well ur cpu is better and u have double the ram. the x4500 is better then the 950 but its still not a good graphics card. the power is comparable to mid range cards from 8 years ago.

devilite

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
i know its not a good gpu, ill be buying a good one in a few months.....
but for now i just wanna know if i can run sims 3 fluently, on any settings...

To answer the thread title I'm going to go with:
X-Com, Planescape: Torment, Morrowind, Deus Ex, System Shock 2, GTA3, Grim Fandango, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Half Life 1 and probably 2, Civilization 2, KOTOR and every 2D emulator.

pkw4

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
you would probly get away with half life 2,,and the original flatout for racing @ 1024x768 or 800x600. games will relie heavily on the cpu as intel integrated barely accelerates like a real ati or nvidia gpu.
your best bet is to either experiment with games or check out youtube vids on intel x4500

gamesring

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
lol yah i know most of you won't believe but i have a low specs pc too.(almost the same as you)
i have intel core i3 2.1 ghz,2GB Ram,Intel hd graphics
and i can run call of duty modern warfare 1 with perfect fps on low,medium options (it is playable on high settings but i keep it between low and medium to get high fps in the game)
anyways also you can also run sims 3,ballance(trust me this is a very great game to play while bored XD,delta force series,need for speed underground 1+2+most wanted,halo 1+combat evolved(lol they are the same game i didn't find any differense between these 2 games when i played them not even the menu screen or levels xD),serious sam the 1st+2nd encounter and serious sam 1(i don't know about 2 never played it before),prince of persia : TSOT+WW,all sonic pc games but not generations,portal (the first one not portal 2),Transformers (the first game only)all TMNT Games,counter strike from 1.1 to 1.9 and condition zero,Rayman 1,2,3,Crash bandicoot series(u may not believe but i really played them on my pc before)

well i think that's enought. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

u can always play the old gaming consoles(GBA,Nes,SNES,PS1,Sega geneses,etc)using emulators :lol:

gamesring

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

yah i forget that u can run WoW(world of warcraft)too. :kaola: