Solved

ACHI Mode wont boot

I have a msi 890gxm-g65 motherboard i have a sata 3 Samsung 128gb drive. WHen i put my board into achi before doing a new install many times it goes to no bootable device if i put it back to raid or ide it works fine. Its fusterating my because i can not get it to work. It installs the operating system then says no bootable device. Im so confussed.

Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
16gb of ddr3 pc1600
Amd X6 1900t oc to 3.9ghz
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about achi mode wont boot
  1. from a fresh install?

do you have any other hard drive other than the one you are installing windows on to?
  2. Best answer
    z250kid said:
    I have a msi 890gxm-g65 motherboard i have a sata 3 Samsung 128gb drive. WHen i put my board into achi before doing a new install many times it goes to no bootable device if i put it back to raid or ide it works fine. Its fusterating my because i can not get it to work. It installs the operating system then says no bootable device. Im so confussed.

Specs:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    16gb of ddr3 pc1600
    Amd X6 1900t oc to 3.9ghz

easy try this on ide run fix it http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

then boot into ahci
  3. before i install it. I have two hard drives. I have unpluged the second one when installing it. Same thing happens. The second hard drive only has pics and music on it.
  4. well, if the problem isnt the boot manager installing to another drive you may want to try out what the other user in this thread has suggested
  5. His link fixed it. What causes it not to work. Also im thinking about a bigger drive what aare your takes on samsung pro 256
  6. Best answer selected by z250kid.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Storage