Video card won't line up with slot in case

Timonator

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I'm building my first computer and I've run into a snag. The problem I have is that the video card(nvidia gtx 480) doesnt line up with the expansion slots in the case (NZXT Tempest Evo). If anyone has been where I'm at or has any ideas I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,Tim

cmcghee358

Distinguished
Did you install the brass stand-offs and mount your motherboard to those?

I see this alot, and it's usually because people screwed their motherboard directly into their computer case. That's bad.

If thats not the problem, if you can take a picture of how it's not lining up and upload it to photobucket and link it here please.

Or possibly be more descriptive about how it isn't lining up.

Timonator

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I put the stand offs in. It's more of a height issue with the case in the upright position. The monitor ports line up in the middle of two slots if I were to put it into the pci slot.

Timonator

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I don't think so there's only one set of holes that the stand offs can go in for this mother board. And the ports on the motherboard line up with the I/o plate perfectly.

I can see where lining up the card could be an issue. I wonder if it's just a bad case design or you got an odd egg or something. I don't think any expansion card will fit on your mobo/case.

Timonator

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010

Well, I got in now. I was just looking at wrong I guess. I feel like an idiot.
Thanks for the input from everyone, I appreciate it.