Sony VGN-AR71ZU WINDOW 7 UPGRADE PROBLEMS

PC Novice

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Hello,

I have recently upgraded my laptop form Vista to Windows 7 but now I cant watch blu ray discs and my webcam doesnt work. Sony have been awful with any help. I have downloaded recommended drivers from NVIDIA website but wont install on Windows 7 operatin system. Can someone help?

That is why MS has an upgrade advisor, to let you know of hardware/software that is not compatible with the new release.

If you have been to Sony/Vaio and can't find the appropriate Win7 drivers,
they probably do not exist.

VAIOWoman

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011

Because of the problem you described I decided to recover mine to its origianl os Vista Ultimate and to create a dual boot in order to then re-install Win 7 Premium. That will give me time to solve the problem of the blueray on Win 7 and still be able to use it on Vista in that time.
If you decide to do this then you MUST install the original OS firstly by the use of VAIO Recovery Discs or other.... as if you try to install Vista after Win7 you will lose Vista for good or not be able to go back to it.

Click Help and Support on your start menu and type "Install more than one operating system (multiboot)" and read from there all info needed to prepare your laptop for a second OS. When you have actually done the preps and installed Win7 go to your page on Sony Support (Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities)to download these firstly then continue with all the Vaio updates in date order untill up to date (not forgetting to install one at a time and restarting your laptop each time) from there then you will see in that section Vaio Updates for Win7 - do the same with these in date order and hopefully we will have both got it working....Good Luck.....VAIOWoman

Original Drivers and Utilities plus updates here:
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-AR71ZU/updates