PRO AUDIO SYSTEM

tnt23

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
Hello,

I will be buying a new machine this month
budget 1500-1700 $

what do you suggest i7-950 with Asus P6X58D Premium or Intel Core i7 2600K unlocked ?

suggestions on mobos ?

i have read that i7 950 has tri channel has that might be better for audio ?

im not a hardcore overclocker ( i usually use the asus softs for that )

I will be doing some gaming and photoshoping on this machine but on other system drives of course

all suggestions welcomed

thx

If your main focus is audio, any CPU or motherboard will be fine, the main focus should be a good sound card. Even if you get a motherboard with 5.1 or something onboard, it will not be as clear or interference free as a dedicated card. Audio mixing is no-where as taxing on a system as video editing/recoding.

tnt23

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
hey thanks for answer i forgot to mention : my audio sound card is a M-AUDIO pci card with ASIO

my work is music production oriented so its a main sequencer with many tracks running virtual instruments and samples + fx

by principle i would take the new gen cpu unless i see some real arguments that i7 950 will be better

Ah, OK then, I was posting to make sure you did not pick a motherboard based on it's sound card, someone else should answer the CPU question, I have not build a system since the Core 2 first came out :)